Java problems

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK, my buddy Nick and others:

MY G/F loves her POGO games, but today she was unable to access her games because it said her SUN JAVA needed to be updated, It even prompted her to download the latest version of Sun Java, which she did, and now it says it has already been downloaded...."do you want to re-install it?" We clicked on the help features which says many times it is necessary to delete all older versions of Java. We've done this and still it is displaying "Java needs to be updated." We are at a loss. Any ideas?

Well, right now we have a computer guru (friend) on auto-pilot from her computer to his computer, and he said POGO needs the older version of Java to work, and since the new Java auto updated, this caused the problem. I will let you know how this works out at a later time.

Well, the on line computer guru didn't help at all. My G/F is madder than a wet hen because she loves playing "Hearts" on Pogo, and now she can't. I believe it is time to upgrade her computer once and for all, especially since she has Vista, and I can't stand that OS. What really frosted her butt was when I got on to the site from my computer within 10 seconds, and hers would take several minutes to finally get in.

Well, the computer professional finally threw in the towel, saying he has no idea why it won't work. All I know is that she has Vista, and so does a spare laptop that I have, and neither will allow this stupid game to play. On my laptop with Windows 7 installed, it works flawlessly. I believe she is about to upgrade her computer to one with Windows 7 installed. Lots of money for a silly game, huh?

I dumped all versions of Java and upon downloading the old version recommended, The computer read:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Latest posts

Back