Jobs besides flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
At different times, I was a cook, a dishwasher, welder, Toyota mechanic, worked in a tire shop, sign painter, construction laborer, built fuel and hydraulic tanks for Gleaner combines, spray painted, and I probably missed something.
And I built furniture in my woodshop, but not full time. Forgot that I had book published.
I was also a produce manager in a supermarket.

Last edited:
At different times, I was a cook, a dishwasher, welder, Toyota mechanic, worked in a tire shop, sign painter, construction laborer, built fuel and hydraulic tanks for Gleaner combines, spray painted, and I probably missed something.
And I built furniture in my woodshop, but not full time. Forgot that I had book published.
I was also a produce manager in a supermarket.
What you are saying is you couldn't hold a job.;)

Mowed mom and dad's apartment lawns a dozen times and had a paper rout with 36 customers.....
.....then the morning after graduating, I began working with my grandpa.
I'm quite lacking in job experiences. 🥴

Flooring
Slicing mill
Flooring
National guard
Flooring
Reforestation
Flooring... not sure what's next but I'm pretty sure I know what comes afterwards.

Paper boy,. Neighborhood yardwork do boy,. Restaurant dishwasher,. Floor whore,.
Been working since I was 13 years old.

Paper boy,. Neighborhood yardwork do boy,. Restaurant dishwasher,. Floor whore,.
Been working since I was 13 years old.
I started working for my dad at age 8. He was tearing down houses and I was pulling nails from used lumber. Did concrete work with him and most contractor work. But it doesn't count because I did not get paid.

Worked for my uncle's garage as a teenager during the summers doing oil changes and fixing tires and small mechanical stuff
Worked at Kmart in sporting goods
Worked for a recycling company extracting copper from scrap wire in their quality control dept.
Worked for an electronics company in a lab making electrolyte that went into industrial capacitors
Graduated college and became a Registered Nurse (ended up with PTSD and left the field)
Started in Flooring Distribution at the ground level literally
Worked PT as a bouncer at our local night spot for concerts when I was younger
Would like to retire soon and finish my degree in computer programming and work on software to improve our industry.

I also managed to raise a couple of kids (two girls) and stay married to my wife for the last 31 years so all in all it's been a pretty good adventure to this point.

Worked for my uncle's garage as a teenager during the summers doing oil changes and fixing tires and small mechanical stuff
Worked at Kmart in sporting goods
Worked for a recycling company extracting copper from scrap wire in their quality control dept.
Worked for an electronics company in a lab making electrolyte that went into industrial capacitors
Graduated college and became a Registered Nurse (ended up with PTSD and left the field)
Started in Flooring Distribution at the ground level literally
Worked PT as a bouncer at our local night spot for concerts when I was younger
Would like to retire soon and finish my degree in computer programming and work on software to improve our industry.

I also managed to raise a couple of kids (two girls) and stay married to my wife for the last 31 years so all in all it's been a pretty good adventure to this point.
Glad to see you chiming in.