Just a thought

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulLynch

Could it be possible that installers..or anyone in the flooring industry..who doesn't want to get involved in a forum like this, maybe is quite simply not that dedicated to doing their job properly?
Just makes me wonder....
Some of the installers I know might be a little embarrassed at how 'poorly' they go about their business.
I'll be the first to ask for help if I don't know something, it seems most will just do what it takes to 'get by'..
Just a few thoughts.......

I hate call-backs.
If it's not right, I'm not leaving until it is.
If there is a call-back, I will be there asap to sort it.
A happy customer is a repeat customer....and all their friends....etc etc

I hate call-backs.
If it's not right, I'm not leaving until it is.
If there is a call-back, I will be there asap to sort it.
A happy customer is a repeat customer....and all their friends....etc etc

That's a common theme among flooring forum members. I wonder how many installers there are worldwide?
........and how many fractions of a percent belong to forums.:rolleyes: Sad

I think participation of installers on flooring forums nation wide is like 1000th of 1 percent. I think that makes it about 12.5 installers or would that be 125? I'm not good at math but I keep seeing the same people over and over again.:D

I've heard a number like 125,000 for the U.S. Don't know if it is true or not.

Daris
The Bureau of Labor Statistics will have an estimate for every kind of flooring related occupation. That would be based on surveys and Census data.

Illegal immigrants and unlicensed contractors aren't going to "self-report" their criminal behavior.

I think I recall the number of flooring installation "contractors" nationwide at about 80-100K. I forget the source.

But somehow you've got to factor in employees (off the books) who are illegal aliens, deadbeat dads, fugitives and other tax cheats along with legitimate employees, legitimate "independent" contractors and all the fly-by-night contractors who work for cash or otherwise don't file with the IRS or respond to government or private surveys.

From what I've attempted to understand it's probably around 200-250K installers nationwide. But you could throw out a number yourself just as valid I'd guess.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics will have an estimate for every kind of flooring related occupation. That would be based on surveys and Census data.

Illegal immigrants and unlicensed contractors aren't going to "self-report" their criminal behavior.

I think I recall the number of flooring installation "contractors" nationwide at about 80-100K. I forget the source.

But somehow you've got to factor in employees (off the books) who are illegal aliens, deadbeat dads, fugitives and other tax cheats along with legitimate employees, legitimate "independent" contractors and all the fly-by-night contractors who work for cash or otherwise don't file with the IRS or respond to government or private surveys.

From what I've attempted to understand it's probably around 200-250K installers nationwide. But you could throw out a number yourself just as valid I'd guess.

Is that why there are so many "Incognito" posters on forums ya think?

Is that why there are so many "Incognito" posters on forums ya think?:D

Could it be possible that installers..or anyone in the flooring industry..who doesn't want to get involved in a forum like this, maybe is quite simply not that dedicated to doing their job properly?
Just makes me wonder....
Some of the installers I know might be a little embarrassed at how 'poorly' they go about their business.
I'll be the first to ask for help if I don't know something, it seems most will just do what it takes to 'get by'..
Just a few thoughts.......

No, I don't think that's true at all. I can't picture any of the guys I first started working with having any interest in "chatting" about the trade on their free time. They were dedicated professionals, Old School guys who knew their stuff.

They didn't even want to "talk shop" during breaks, lunch or on the commute, let alone (I imagine) after they got home.

So there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with us, who want to talk about this wretched trade even after the day's work is done.

No, I don't think that's true at all. I can't picture any of the guys I first started working with having any interest in "chatting" about the trade on their free time. They were dedicated professionals, Old School guys who knew their stuff.

They didn't even want to "talk shop" during breaks, lunch or on the commute, let alone (I imagine) after they got home.

So there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with us, who want to talk about this wretched trade even after the day's work is done.

Well, maybe!
It might be that having spent so long living and breathing flooring, it's become our lives!?
Wretched trade?
Call me stupid, but I still derive immense satisfaction after a successful day installing......Even though the body hates me for it!

Latest posts

Back