Just when you think you have seen it all

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
I was doing a job today ripping up carpet in two good size rooms, and replacing it with CoreTec. There was a 3 x 4 piece of sheet vinyl in front of the entry door, with the rubber track and cap transition between the carpet and vinyl.
Once I remove the carpet and transition I found the vinyl was loose laid. There was quarter inch underlayment under the vinyl, and when I started removing it I realized it was only a 2 1/2 inch wide strip of underlayment and they tapered it down with floor patch.
I have never seen something like this done.
It must have taken a while for the patch to dry. I can’t picture why they wouldn’t just install a 3’ x 4’ piece of underlayment.
There was plenty of clearance under the door for the thickness of the underlayment. D8FE3FAD-435A-4619-87AD-9E016BC90365.jpegC2FB3109-6D45-41AB-9096-A98603111DD9.jpeg3D3C4412-C4EC-4FDB-9EC9-ADD1F80F253F.jpeg

You're moving right along if you got that much done in a day.
Was there room for the door to open with an entry mat underneath it?

The pic with the flooring down was about noon time. I finished one room and got the second room peeped and ready for flooring. I was but myself and the job was on the second floor🙄
The entry door is a good inch off the floor.🤷🏽‍♂️
16BBF79E-7811-4A69-915B-702CCBD4B97A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back