Knee pads

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How ya gonna use yer knee kicker with that contaption on? Looks like it would hurt.

Knee pads with an ass rest, how 'bout that?
If they would add a cup-holder they may have something there.

Have you ever seen those shows about the old mental hospitals? That's what this contraption reminds me of!

Tia

I just wish I could keep my GelPads from creeping down to my ankles evrytime I stand up. Maybe I need some strap loops sewed on near me knees. :rolleyes:

I saw his demo at one of our journeyman upgrade classes at the appreniceship program.

They're not something I have any use for. Primarily they're designed so you can be comfortable on your knees but settled back resting your ass on that platform.

I don't have time for that. If I want to waste time I'm not going to buy special knee pads to do it.

Tommy should consider himself lucky to be what I call "double-jointed". He can squat all day with his behind 2" of the ground and not feel it. My son was the same way when he was a baseball catcher. That is some natural talent. I can't even touch my face to my knee without bringing up my knee or hurting my legstrings.

Tia

Tommy should consider himself lucky to be what I call "double-jointed". He can squat all day with his behind 2" of the ground and not feel it. My son was the same way when he was a baseball catcher. That is some natural talent. I can't even touch my face to my knee without bringing up my knee or hurting my legstrings.

Tia

I played catcher all through Little League, Babe Ruth and high school ball. No one else ever wanted to catch on the team so I played every inning of every game.

Don't know if you've ever heard this but in the baseball world the catcher's gear----mitt, face mask, chest protector, helmet (nowadays), cup, shin guards-----are called the Tools of Ignorance. The implication is that the dumbest guy on the team has to play catcher.

So I think I graduated from the Tools of Ignorance in baseball to the Tools of Ignorance in the construction trades. I barely skipped a beat.

Last edited:
I played catcher all through Little League, Babe Ruth and high school ball. No one else ever wanted to catch on the team so I played every inning of every game.

Don't know if you've ever heard this but in the baseball world the catcher's gear----mitt, face mask, chest protector, helmet (nowadays), cup, shin guards-----are called the Tools of Ignorance. The implication is that the dumbest guy on the team has to play catcher.

So I think I graduated from the Tools of Ignorance in baseball to the Tools of Ignorance in the construction trades. I barely skipped a beat.

I think them fancy kneepads are a takeoff of hockey/goalie kneepads myself.

I find that to be BS. My son was the catcher, he was the bomb, he spent 6 years in the Army, did 4 tours in Afghanistan, was wounded and got messed up in the head, has an internet company now, lives in a $300K house with a pond, bought his love a Mercedes SUV and a giant engagement ring. Being a catcher didn't seem to make him too dumb.

Tia

I find that to be BS. My son was the catcher, he was the bomb, he spent 6 years in the Army, did 4 tours in Afghanistan, was wounded and got messed up in the head, has an internet company now, lives in a $300K house with a pond, bought his love a Mercedes SUV and a giant engagement ring. Being a catcher didn't seem to make him too dumb.

Tia

It's meant more as a joke that you'd be nutz to tolerate the squating, foul tips, dust, sweat and home plate collisions. In reality the catcher is "calling the game," or at least I did. That means I'm not only telling the pitcher where and how to throw the ball but also have to direct the defense once the ball is in play as the catcher is the only player with the whole field directly in view.

No one REALLY thinks the catcher is a dummy.

Latest posts

Back