Kneeless Carpet Stretcher

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried one of these things - haven't even seen 'real live' one.
I can't see how it would be any good.
Without looking too carefully my thoughts are:
If the part you put your knee on has spikes, wouldn't that be streching/pushing the carpet the wrong way?
If the part you put your knee on doesn't have spikes, my guess is that it would just slide backward achieving no stretch at all!
I think I'll be staying with the knee kicker for now.

It's like a mini deadman. Problem is when I use a deadman it is set up very far away from where I am stretching to attain the maximun stretch, plus I will stretch across the room splitting it in half and stretch all four ways. This "tool" cannot possibly do that.

The kneeless was made by professional carpet installers for professional carpet installers who understand the damage the knee kicker does to the body. They also understand the technical and logistics of installing carpet

Ha ha ha, what a joke.

I contacted them a couple years ago and pretended to be interested. They said the tool wasn't in production and they would contact me when it was. Never heard back from them. Same respnose I got with the air powered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've watched all those videos on you tube about the 'air stretchers'....
By the time that thing has been set up I'm finished with my 'normal' power stretcher....
I can't see it ever being a winner......

Wished I had one today. The job I'm on has about 1/2 dozen closets with the self so low I can't get my big butt under it to kick in.
I saw the kneeless thing when they came out and was demo-ed. It was suggested to only use it for like a 9x12 room max. I can see where it may be alright for doing like repair work where the rug was tore up at an entry or something like that.

Daris

Daris, you got a claw for those closets? I try and stretch out of them.

""Claw??"" If you are talking the spike or stinger or whatever it is called it don't work to well with concrete.
I do work away from them but still got to stretch the ends in. I'm thinking my deadman and stair stretcher. Damn closets are 6'6" wide.

Daris

Paul Bevan has it at the moment. He likes it and its about NZ$650 plus our 15% GST here

It might be a different 'loaner' Jon.
I met the Wellington FWL rep today and he showed me one he had in the van.
He was taking to someone else to have a look at so couldn't leave it with me today.....hopefully my turn next week!

Paul whats that Simmer down costing you here? Would you have to pay GST on it?

It's $435 US which includes freight.
Not sure what that works out to but with the US dollar as it is it's probably gona cost me around $500 or so.
My credit card statement will surely inform me!!
I'm just keen to keep up with the global progress!

Latest posts

Back