Kool Glide

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the seminar a few years ago alone, and couldn't talk Dave into trying it. He didn't show interest until another guy was talking to him about it, but he is old school and loves his hot melt iron. I can see the Kool Glide being an asset for patterned goods with a selvedge skew. We are working with high-end goods most of the time, so seams aren't an issue.
Deb

I'm not too sure about it being slower than an iron, maybe a little slower but not much.
I really like the way you can set up seams in doorways and tuck the ends into the door jambs BEFORE you join the carpet.
particularly good when working with patterned/textured carpet!

I've heard some say they had a problem using it with a transformer when the electrical system is different.

Yes, we had a lot of issues with one of our kool glides....it failed 4 times I think...
We are on 240 volts in NZ do we do need to run it using a transformer.
The sole distributor here in NZ swore that the use of a transformer is not the issue.
That said, they were unable to tell us what the issue acyually was.
Eventually they replaced it with a new unit - problem solved.
Maybe it was just a dud.

Yes, we had a lot of issues with one of our kool glides....it failed 4 times I think...
We are on 240 volts in NZ do we do need to run it using a transformer.
The sole distributor here in NZ swore that the use of a transformer is not the issue.
That said, they were unable to tell us what the issue acyually was.
Eventually they replaced it with a new unit - problem solved.
Maybe it was just a dud.

Luckily they don't make heart pacemakers. :)

I'd like to get one just for floating floor repairs. But would not use ot for carpet. To old for carpet.

I know the Kool Glide is available in the US, Canada and Austrailia. Anywhere else?

Latest posts

Back