Laminate flooring expiration date

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIMyself

I just bought a house that was never finished. There is a large stack of linoleum flooring squares that have been sitting in wait for about 30 to 50 years (the time frame the original DIY builders were working on their dream home. Can I use these linoleum tiles now?

I would doubt that they are any good. Probably too brittle. Linoleum had linseed oil in it which dries out over time. It most likely contains asbestos too, so if it gets friable (powdery) it is dangerous to breathe.

I just bought a house that was never finished. There is a large stack of linoleum flooring squares that have been sitting in wait for about 30 to 50 years (the time frame the original DIY builders were working on their dream home. Can I use these linoleum tiles now?
What brand? What dimensions?
In tile form, that is if it's actually linoleum, I installed some a good 20 years ago. They were made by Marmoleum. I'm thinking 13 or do inches square.
I recall on the back side was a woven fiberglass or polyester. It was clearish colored or maybe white and looks similar to a polyethylene tarp.

Latest posts

Back