laminate flooring next to hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honus

We have some carpeted bed rooms which we are thinking of replacing with laminate flooring. The hallway and living room/kitchen of the house are hardwood (I think 3/4 inch oak). Do you think the difference in thickness will be a problem? Should we stick with 12.3mm laminate flooring and avoid something like 7 mm laminate or 8 mm LVP to minimize the difference?

We were looking at an Inhaus Solido Visions, Medallion Montclair or Eternity Triple Moisture Collection. Any opinion on those brands? The Medallion website in particular was light on info.

Far from experts on this so any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

download.jpg
Why not put down some plywood in the Bedrooms to make up the difference ?

I'd want to see what transitions are available for each of those floor choices. Some transitions made to taper down to another floor level are rather thick. They overlap your new floor, so the transitions height or thickness might be the determining factor. 12mm is approaching 1/2" It's doable. That said, thicker laminates aren't necessarily longer lasting, they just have a thicker core.

I haven't heard of those brand names.
One thing that might be worthwhile is to call their tech lines and see how well they are at answering your questions. Pick their brains a bit. I wouldn't want to buy a product if they don't have quality technical people waiting to assist.

Latest posts

Back