Laminate install

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Patzwald

Hi, I am getting ready to install laminate in a room that is approximately 12' x 26'. The laminate tiles are 4' x 13" approximately. I am driving myself crazy trying to decide the proper directions to lay the tile. I can't seem to find a right solution. I am tying into a room that has the same laminate and that layout would run cross ways to the width of the room. I have a threshold at the doorway so I don't think that would matter. Any suggestions? I am concerned with waste. I found this laminate on close out that matches the other room and I purchased all that was available so I don't want to run short. Thanks. Bob

Most of the time, you would probably want to lay the tiles the length of the room, but if laying it cross ways makes it the same as the rest, that might be the better option. I worry more about looks than waste....... but then I'm not the one forking out the money. :D
Id lay a bunch of the tiles at the doorway mimicking the installation. Mock it up both ways, then walk towards the room and see if a quarter turn looks good. The sheen of the material might look different if 1/4 turned.

That is a good idea. I was thinking long ways myself. The money isn't the real object. I purchased this stuff on close out a couple of years ago so there is no more if I run out. It is the same material we have in the kitchen so she wanted it to carry through. Planned on having in down a long time ago but numerous medical issues have slowed us down.

I would lay across the Joist ..
download.jpg

Latest posts

Back