Layout for Marmo

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
This has a concrete floor with heavy commercial vinyl on it.
It would need cleaning, then a skim coat.
I don't like either layout.
Kitchen on the right, laundry to far left. The cabinets may be out when product is installed. They're being replaced.
The lino will stop between the peninsula and the wall to the left of it.
Currently, this is all covered by a glued together floating wood floor.
With any luck, the original vinyl flooring will be in such good shape that she won't want to replace it. 👍
it takes 8 feet more material using short runs.
Looks to me like a job that requires a Visa. 😉

Attachments

• PXL_20211130_180040236~6.jpg
    PXL_20211130_180040236~6.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20211130_180040236~7.jpg
    PXL_20211130_180040236~7.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 76
The short direction is logical, the whole thing just doesn't lay out good for the same placement.
The hardwood direction that's existing in the dining and living room is shown in yellow.

Attachments

• PXL_20211130_180040236~8.jpg
    PXL_20211130_180040236~8.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 68
The short direction is logical, the whole thing just doesn't lay out good for the same placement.
The hardwood direction that's existing in the dining and living room is shown in yellow.
I still say you run it in shorts, the seams aren't in the light, it runs with the flow and it is easier. Easier is good when you have an explanation

highup do you remember how to lay Marmo? Not a layer friendly animal :)
Most layers here will not touch it as they cant make a pattern
Patterns are the easy part. I don't like the material expanding and shrinking after it hits the adhesive.
Decided the measuring is as far as I'll go on this one. I touch Marmo or lino once every 4 to 6 years.
20 years ago I did my first install. The salesman (seasoned installer) told me to leave a gap the thickness of a razor blade and said it would close up. I could hardly see any movement. Had a 6" wide by 7 foot fill consisting of two pieces. Even tho the butt seam was fit tight, it still shrunk open a tiny bit.
I don't need the stress so the shop can sell the material if the customer can locate an installer. There just isn't enough sold for me to feel comfortable doing a job like this one.
I have a bathroom coming up, but just a single one foot wide fill behind the toilet. I can deal with that.

Latest posts

Back