leak?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Need someone smarter than me, not hard to find. Dodge has been losing a little antifreeze. Pressure tested the radiator, it holds. cap holds. Should I pull the thermostat and test again? Is there a way to test the overflow system? No water in the oil or trans fluid.

Look at your spark plugs. It's possible a head gasket could have a leak small enough to not be pumping coolant into the oil.

For at least 20 years. The end caps on my '95 Suburban (coming up on 370K miles) are plastic. There is a rubber gasket between the tanks on the end and the body with the cooling fins. The piping and cooling fins are still aluminum.

Update. Let the Dodge idle for an hour, had a piece of cardboard under it. When the thermostat opened, water came out of the overflow pipe. No other drips. Oh and you cannot even see the water pump unless you pull the right front fender and the inner fender, not ready to do that yet.

Latest posts

Back