Lifeproof vinyl floor dont look installed right

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajfanthony

Some of the ends completely flushed and together and some ends you can drag your nail across and get caught as if its like a half mm elevated. I had floor installer redo some of the planks a couple of times and i mallet some of them that were like that .they keep poppn up like that. is this still waterproof like that and should i redo it?

Attachments

• 20221226_081104.jpg
    20221226_081104.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
Looks like the drop lock mechanism has failed. Would need to be replaced.

I feel the term waterproof is misleading with this product. Sure the plank itself is waterproof but the joints are not. If you spill a glass of water it’s not gonna be a problem but if the room gets flooded, water is gonna get underneath.

If you’re not careful taking the planks apart, part of the butt joint breaks off. Now you go to put it together and there’s a part of the locking mechanism missing so it doesn’t stay put. Doesn’t look as if the plank itself is broken, just part of the locking mechanism is missing. Super glue will work in a pinch to get the planks to stay together but you’re not getting them apart after that.

wife throwin tantrum bout wanting to use tub, but really dont want to put the base mold and tub installation then to rip it all up if the floor worsens or dosent work if water gets on it. I really dont have the skill to do this kind of stuff. Apparently the guy with 19 years of experience didnt install this right either.

i found a piece of floor with the damaged grooves, overlayed it with another piece and poured coffee on it and let it sit for 30min and it didnt go through still. but i only worry now if the floor shifts or seperates in the bathroom without that groove.

wife throwin tantrum bout wanting to use tub, but really dont want to put the base mold and tub installation then to rip it all up if the floor worsens or dosent work if water gets on it. I really dont have the skill to do this kind of stuff. Apparently the guy with 19 years of experience didnt install this right either.

I’m confused? Are you saying you put the floor in before the tub? What ever you do don’t put the tub on top of the floating floor…Tub should go in first.

Nobody has 19 years of experience with these floors because they haven’t been around that long. Stuff happens with these click together floors. He can probably fix or change it.

And the floor shouldn’t fail if “water gets on it”. It may fail if the room gets flooded.

Latest posts

Back