Logs End Wide Plank

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lahmi14

Installing Logs End wide plank wood and the sales rep recommended glue and nail, is this necessary or is nailing with L cleats sufficient?

What is the surface you are installing over? Is there a vapor barrier in the crawl space under the house?
How wide are the planks, and are they solid wood or engineered?

download.jpg

It's engineered, French cut white oak, 8 inch. The basement is finished so I'm assuming there is vapor barrier. Subloor is OSB plywood.

What is the surface you are installing over? Is there a vapor barrier in the crawl space under the house?
How wide are the planks, and are they solid wood or engineered?

It would be good to know for sure about the vapor barrier. Wood doesn't like moisture, especially if the moisture/humidity levels under the house are high.
How old is the house and what part of the country to you live in?
How thick is the top layer of the plank?
How thick is the plank itself and how many plys?
Is the floor a single layer of OSB?
I'm kinda guessing that the glue is a good idea. There's a couple guys here that can help a lot better than I can............. I'm just fishin' for a bit more info to understand the project. That doesn't sound like cheap flooring..

For me i would say no glue for engineered unless its a very unbalanced product with a 5mm + veneer on top that can act as a solid glued to a wood substrate and want to move.
A squiggle of glue on each plank/row won't hurt.

Latest posts

Back