Lousy %$^#@^%&* SOBs

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incognito

Professional
Pro
I've forever been frustrated when websites somehow close off my browser's backbutton so I can't see the page I was just on. It's been going on as long as I can remember. Sometimes it's a delay. Sometimes it's a complete block. Now I'm persistent to a fault. It's not hard to work around as you can always drop down your history and skip the backbutton. But it PISSES me off to the point I will be banging on my backbutton over and over and usually multiple clicks will return me. So that only encourages me. The MF'ers who scheme this stuff up amaze me. Now, I've always SUSPECTED it was deliberate to trap me on their site. But at the same time I allowed for the possibility that it's just one of those glitches with my ISP, my router, my computer or something on their side-----not deliberate.

Now I know better. http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/buttons/article.php/3478911

What is the point of it? I find that with Fox news........... I click on a story, read it, then hit the back button, and nothing happens.
Hey cog, open 5 links to the same site, then when you can't go back, dispose of that one and use the next one. :D

What is the point of it? I find that with Fox news........... I click on a story, read it, then hit the back button, and nothing happens.
Hey cog, open 5 links to the same site, then when you can't go back, dispose of that one and use the next one. :D

Their point is that they charge advertisers based on the number of eyeballs they can attract..........AND retain through multiple page visits on their site. So you go to their site, recognize it's of no interest to you and rather than allow you to exit they want you to walk through a maze---------Ever been to an Ikea store? Same deal. They're just hoping that as long as they've got you TRAPPED on their site you might just click on another page............and especially you're being led to click on one of the advertisements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meant to ask you Daris , Did you ever send the hard drive to see if i can get your data back ? Never got it .

I don't mean to undermind the flooring gods but are you sure the site just didn't open the link in a new window? That would be why theres no back button.

I don't mean to undermind the flooring gods but are you sure the site just didn't open the link in a new window? That would be why theres no back button.

It should still have a back button in a new window Ken .

No. That's what I'm saying. There's no back button in a new window because there is nothing to go back to. You have to close the new window to continue the sequence.

This isn't a complicated MYSTERY guys.

Certain web sites want you to STAY on their pages-------and make it a little awkward to BOUNCE.

There's multiple exit solutions. My point is that they've disabled our ROUTINE back button access to go back pages to where we just came from.

It's real chickenshit. No act of Congress or outpouring of emotion is going to affect change.

I just try to NEVER go back to those sites.

They suck ass.

The thing I'm getting lately is those damned advertising videos that you have to watch to watch what you wanted. They sometimes don't load up at all or they take forever to load.

Daris

I've got Shockwave set to where they have to ask permission before any video opens and starts playing. Those blaring videos on the side of the page SCREAMING at you used to drive me crazy. The adds embedded into a video--------can't really get around those though. That's the deal.

Latest posts

Back