Luxury Vinyl Ends Lifting, Bending on install

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some investigating, and found that if you lay it down initially, it's fine and level. It's if they try to lift and replace the board in the same spot, then it creases like this. Wondering if they did that many times over and that's why it's lifting.

Update: The installer is trying to contact them to see if it's a manufacturing issue, or an installer problem. They'll be sending an inspector over after the holidays. Since it's 25%+ of the floor after my inspections, I'd bet money that it was an installer issue!
Mr Kepler, I also have the same issue with Lifeproof planks separating (1st one only 2 weeks after I installed it) & 4 additional joints separated since. I would like to know if Lifeproof or Home Depot refunded your money. I installed the floor myself following instructions completely. Please contact me here or send me an email to [email protected].

Hey Everyone, we just had some vinyl floors installed in our basement after flooding. Luxury Vinyl waterproof (click lock) - they look amazing, but on many of the planks, where they meet to click are lifted a bit. Is this something that is salvageable? I'm trying to understand what the installer did to cause it - is it a manufacturing defect, they didn't clean out the groove properly and debris, maybe slid in at an angle and didn't tap down, maybe tapped with their block too hard? I've attached some pictures to the thread. It's probably this way across 5% of the floor - everything else looks good. Thanks for your help!

View attachment 15956View attachment 15957View attachment 15958

Latest posts

Back