LVP brand/color less prone to scratches?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orleans704

I’ve ordered dozens and dozens of samples from COREtec and Shaw, and finally decided on Gold Coast Acacia for its color, not price or plank size. It has a 15-year warranty and 20-mil thickness.

There are only 5 reviews on COREtec’s website for this color, but they aren’t good. 3 of the 5 complain of scratches, and 4 complain of visible shoe marks (that can be hard to clean).

Culture Selection | COREtec Flooring

Are there other brands that I should consider, or does all LVP suffer from scratching? Are lighter colors better than darker in this regard?

Even glass can be scratched. It's hard to tell with reviews sometimes because people are negative by nature. If a hundred thousand people were happy with the product and 100 customers were not, most of the happy people would not make the effort to comment but a large majority of the unhappy people would comment. I think that's what makes reviews hard to decipher.
It's hard to define what a scratch is.
To some people it might be a scuff mark that they see when they're down on their hands and knees cleaning the floor. 99.9% of the people that go into that person's house would never notice that stuff that the owner saw while on their hands and knees. I'm just saying that some people are unrealistically picky. Those are the type of people they would tend to make negative comments.
If you have a gravel driveway or live with the beach where you're going to bring in a lot of sand, then you're just going to have to be more careful when you have a new floor installed. If you keep your home swept all the time then there's nothing that can't get on the floor to scratch it in the first place.
Provenza is another material you might want to look at. I've installed a couple of those and the quality seems very high. I believe the product is equal to cortec.

Find one that's a medium color, not too dark and not too light.
And find one that has a lot of texture! The hand scraped look is great for hiding scratches and scuffs!

Any that are perfectly flat and look like a sheet of glass when you put them together will show everything.

PXL_20220330_001820054~2.jpg

The floor here is shaw floorte pro. And the big, goofy knucklehead in the pic is around 150#s. We beat the snot out of that floor and after a Swiffer, it looks brand new!

Latest posts

Back