LVP Brand rabbit hole

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdinaz

I have gotten myself into a LVP research rabbit hole that I cannot escape from. My problem is that I am paranoid that I will end up with a product that will either scratch or gap/warp at seams. I am trying to stay under $3.50/sf. I keep finding reviews with flange issues, scratching, denting and warping. Seems like the only go to brands recommended by various flooring blogs all recommend stuff that is $5-7/sf. I don't want to go laminate as I don't trust it from a water standpoint as we have had too many pet pee issues. I just need a good mid tier brand that doesn't break the bank and has a good installation and durability reputation. None of the big box house brands seem to have a great record and only have so many good reviews cause people submit reviews right after they bought the product when they loved the color so much. When you sort by 1 star ratings the amount of issues paint a pretty bleak picture. One thing about my install is that I have a pier and beam inaccessible crawl (1945) so over the years there has been settling in various places. It is more of an unlevel issue rather than an uneven issue as the subfloor is in good shape. I feel like a more rigid core product would be best for that situation. Somebody talk me down and recommendations are appreciated.

South wind is our stock brand that we sell at around $3 a sq ft. Both SPC and wpc are pretty decent for the price. The SPC seems is definitely a little tougher but requires an extremely flat surface to install it over.

The secret is to get something a medium color (not too light and definitely not dark) something like a natural oak color with texture. Something like a hand scraped texture to hide any smudging minor scratches.

South wind is our stock brand that we sell at around $3 a sq ft. Both SPC and wpc are pretty decent for the price. The SPC seems is definitely a little tougher but requires an extremely flat surface to install it over.

The secret is to get something a medium color (not too light and definitely not dark) something like a natural oak color with texture. Something like a hand scraped texture to hide any smudging minor scratches.

Would you consider this a good medium shade? This is the only one I would consider medium in the line I am looking at (CoreTec Pro Galaxy)
1648223757854.png

Hi birdinaz,

Figured I’d throw my 2 cents in 😄. We’ve been installing COREtec for years, even before Shaw bought USFloors out. It’s truly a fantastic product, one of the best. All of our customers rave about it, we still hear great feedback all these years later. I even recommended it to some of my family, they didn’t listen and bought a different product ($7 sqft) and it’s horrible, just horrible. I even live in a rental and they installed some of COREtec’s cheaper product.
1. Doesn’t even have pad underneath, shocker I know guys.
2. The installer did a horrible job, makes me cringe living here.

And yet it’s still a great floor! Anyway that’s my long speech, I absolutely love COREtec, definitely swear by it 👍. Hope that helps

I agree with the cortec. If you can get it at around $3 a sq ft then go for that. You won't be disappointed.

Cortec and shaw floorte pro are 2 of my favorite brands.

I'm actually surprised you can get it for less than $7 sq ft!

You mention your floor has settled over the years. What does that look like? If you put a straight edge or a piece of base on the floor to check flatness over 6’, 8’ or 10’, how flat are we talkin. SPC or rigid core will require your floor to be pretty damn flat.

Latest posts

Back