LVP click-lock problems ?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kechup

Hello, iv been lurking in here for a year now trying to educate myself on DIY style flooring. Well I'm looking for professional opinions on threads I see over on other sites that claim VLP flooring with click-lock style flooring separation, horizontally and vertically. Is this a install problem or is their a legit problem with ( Armstrong/coretec/Mohawk ) some brands, all brands ? I'm leaning towards VLP with a kid in the house but will go laminate if needed. As well I was in local box store and thought the laminate " looked " better than the vinyl planks on the shelf ( the LVP was cheaper priced than what I am looking at online ). Will this look " change " with the higher end more expensive brand LVP ? Opinions are much appreciated.

Don't be the guinea pig.

Find a REAL flooring store locally--------

Talk to a guy in charge. If you can't tell if the guy knows shit from Shinola then you're a hopeless case. The people in the "big box" stores for sure know LESS than you about flooring. You may as well ask your grade school children for advice. They don't even know where the stuff you want is in the store, let alone technical details about what's good and what sucks.

WALK AWAY from them.

the most spectacular failures i have seen have been on floating lvp---the glue down lvp is far superior to all floating products---this includes laminates---my two cents

Glue down, never crossed my mind since floating is all I see when DIY is mentioned. Iv never seen any complaints on locking system with laminate and why I had the questions. A friend of a friend dose it for a living and answered the questions I had, appreciate y'all's time.

Every once in a while I meet someone who makes me want to up my game. Roland is that person and I have never had anything but pleasant interactions with him.

Would love to work with Roland. Did talk to him on the phone once. Nice guy.

I was one of thee guys that helped certify Roland when he took his Master test for CFI. He is not all that good- he is GREAT as Tony the tiger would say. and has been a good friend for many years. He is also from Michigan originally which kind of helps. Only good people come from Michigan. UH maybe not always.

Daris

Latest posts

Back