LVP stair help

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have some honest open communication with the guys coming to install them. Ask them why they are doing what they are doing and if you dont like the answer, tell them you don't want it done. It is a tough spot for sure, but you can demonstrate how your stairs move with those shims under them. Say that is not ok. If they try and shim up the whole front, the middles will move and that is still not ok.
I mean, if it were me i would laugh at them and throw them out of my house but that is because I know better and have no skin in the game...and because I am an asshole.
I wish you luck though.

So now we see what we’re working with, how do I tell the “professionals” they are wrong, it all needs to be removed and laid flat with zero flex/movement? Do I just let them try & put on another stair nose & 🤞 it doesn’t flex with the gaps in there?!

Again, this is end of week 3 of a 5-6 day install job…I want the job done (correctly), them out of my place, and need to get moved in.
I have done churches and apt. buildings and never had 5-6 days.

Just have some honest open communication with the guys coming to install them. Ask them why they are doing what they are doing and if you dont like the answer, tell them you don't want it done. It is a tough spot for sure, but you can demonstrate how your stairs move with those shims under them. Say that is not ok. If they try and shim up the whole front, the middles will move and that is still not ok.
I mean, if it were me i would laugh at them and throw them out of my house but that is because I know better and have no skin in the game...and because I am an asshole.
I wish you luck though.
One would think that a simple bead of adhesive under that plank would set up firm and not allow it to flex by the molding.
That's just me, sometimes I think real crazy.
Not being able to see the steps in person, I think that the steps that have that flexing issue might need to have the nose ripped off the squirt some urethane construction adhesive under the laminate and then install a new piece of nose. That might fix the issue on the stairs. That stair nose stuff is really spendy so I know that the shop owner doesn't want to mess with it. I think he should at least agree to fix the steps that are a concern.

Latest posts

Back