LVT Quote received for Mannington Adura

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnBikerChk

I have a quote for Mannington Adura Essex Oak (planks - glued down). It's going in the basement (730 sq ft). I like it a lot - but it's pricey. I can live with it if I know I'm getting a quality product.

1. The installer - no issue here, I trust them, they are local with a store front I can walk into at any time with lifetime warranty on the labor
2. The product - I google it and all I find are (older) complaints about scratching. I have a consumer reports subscription which rates it "excellent" as to resisting scratches but then there are 6 user reviews from people who have it installed and they all say it scratches or other issues. Again, most of them are older.

Is this really a decent product? I don't plan on moving a whole lot of furniture and things that would scratch the floors, however, we do have our family over for Thanksgiving and there could be folding tables to move etc.

Thanks for your help!

Any floor can scratch so you should use protective pads under furniture like those little felt self stick stuff. Mannington is good so is UFfloors and Shaw.

You can get them at Lowes, or Home Depot .

I had gone to Lowes and even the floor samples had scratches on them - that wasn't very reassuring. Also, can I trust their installers? I don't have the time or the patience (or the tools) to do it myself.

And thank you Ernesto I definitely plan on using the furniture pads.

I think Nick was referring to getting the protective pads for the furniture at Home Depot or Lowe's.
I would not expect to get a quality LVT product or installation from either of those stores.

I think Nick was referring to getting the protective pads for the furniture at Home Depot or Lowe's.
I would not expect to get a quality LVT product or installation from either of those stores.

Correct Don. Box stores don't hire the best installers , they hire the cheapest .

I had gone to Lowes and even the floor samples had scratches on them - that wasn't very reassuring. Also, can I trust their installers? I don't have the time or the patience (or the tools) to do it myself.

And thank you Ernesto I definitely plan on using the furniture pads.

Samples in any store takes a beating. People don't take care of them, they aren't theirs. We had a guy take a white carpet sample home that worked in the kitchen of a retraunt and put it in front of his chair where he sat with is shoes on at night for a month and bring it back complaining it showed the dirt. Samples are going to be scratched, chipped and most often ready for the trash when brought back.

Daris

So Adura LVT at Lowes or HD is a lesser quality that buying the same product at Carpet One? :confused:
The installation or installer is a totally different issue.

I have a quote for Mannington Adura Essex Oak (planks - glued down). It's going in the basement (730 sq ft). I like it a lot - but it's pricey. I can live with it if I know I'm getting a quality product.

1. The installer - no issue here, I trust them, they are local with a store front I can walk into at any time with lifetime warranty on the labor
2. The product - I google it and all I find are (older) complaints about scratching. I have a consumer reports subscription which rates it "excellent" as to resisting scratches but then there are 6 user reviews from people who have it installed and they all say it scratches or other issues. Again, most of them are older.

Is this really a decent product? I don't plan on moving a whole lot of furniture and things that would scratch the floors, however, we do have our family over for Thanksgiving and there could be folding tables to move etc.

Thanks for your help!
You might look at Earthwerks LVT products too. Like was mentioned about scratches in the store samples or installed on the showroom floor... People will test these products with coins, screwdrivers or keys to see how hard it is to damage them. You might be looking at that kind of abuse.
If you see the product on a showroom floor, take note. More people walk on that floor daily that at your house so some minor scratching should be expected at a retail establishment. I think you will do fine unless you cheap out for the 99 cents a foot crap.

So Adura LVT at Lowes or HD is a lesser quality that buying the same product at Carpet One? :confused:

The installation or installer is a totally different issue.

I did not know Lowes or hd sold any Mannington products?
All I usually see there is names like traffic master

I did not know Lowes or hd sold any Mannington products?
All I usually see there is names like traffic master
We don't have either store nearby, Don. I might have misread the conversation between the poster and Nick.......... scratches in the floor at HD and the furniture protection pads.

Latest posts

Back