Magnum shear

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
I brought my old I-13 Pro shear back from the dead. I used to store it on a shelf over the wheel well of my old trailer. I didn’t realize the wheel well had some holes it, and the tool took on moisture for who knows how long.It completely froze up on me .
It took it apart today and cleaned it up with my oscillating tool with a sanding pad and a scotch- brute pad. I put a little plumbing silicone on the post. It works as good as new.
I don’t use the tool a lot. I have a 27” shear also but that thing is a lunker to carry into jobs.
792FCADA-B8A2-4C1D-8BBC-6D39B6BC272C.jpeg
3DA41362-3254-46FC-BD56-1E2A13FB1ED2.png
E08BCF66-D222-4AD9-ABC1-E0BBE04870F0.png
285E6463-3703-4DF6-9321-7EE7C73CF186.jpeg

Looks like new. I have the original 13" Bullet shear, all metal deck, massively over engineered. Been at least 8-9 years since I changed the blade, still cuts the same. I don't do much installing anymore, and most guys just use the utility knife to score and snap.
It sure made me a lot of money over the years.

I only really use mine for engineered hardwood these days. I'm due for a new blade but it still works fine. I did have to give it a lube job yesterday because it was sticking shut. Little WD and I'm back in business.
I only have the 13". Never had a need for anything bigger. A few years ago it looked like the wider tiles were going to be a thing. Thought about getting the big sheer. But they never really took off.

Latest posts

Back