Measuring square footage

Discussion in 'Laminate Flooring' started by highup, May 20, 2018.

Help Support Flooring Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Jun 12, 2018 #21

highup

highup

highup

Professional Pro

Same job two unrelated questions. I separated the job into a second question in case someone else was curious about measuring.
    That said, I shoulda asked some of these non measuring questions in the other thread.

2. Jun 12, 2018 #22

highup

highup

highup

Professional Pro

By the way, I called US Floors and asked about separating the bathroom with a T molding.
    Customer wants the new cabinets installed on top of the Coretec. Cabinet footprint is tiny. The refrigerator and stove will hold down the Coretec with 4 times the force/weight of the cabinets.
    I asked the US Floors guy about that. He said only if I glued it.

...so then I told him the bathroom was way down a hall, a good 35 feet from the kitchen. He said they don't recommend the molding because the material is stable.
    .......so I said, "if that's so, maybe I should leave a 1/4 inch gap at the tub and fill the gap with silicone"
    ...he says "you could fit it closer than that and just caulk against the tub"
    sooooooooo, ....a 35 foot + run from the kitchen to the bathtub is fine and I can pretty much butt to the tub, and that's all peachy keen.
    .....however two small cabinets in the kitchen and screwed only to the wall, is a no no.
    The rules on this material confuses me.o_O
    I think they just make stuff up.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018