Measuring square footage

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they include "other flooring" they has the tendency to shrink and swell. Now you have two threads on the same subject..... waste is waste, dimensional lumber is different.
Same job two unrelated questions. I separated the job into a second question in case someone else was curious about measuring.
That said, I shoulda asked some of these non measuring questions in the other thread.

I always use a T-mold when a toilet is locked down on any floating flooring. When a row is locked in somewhere and adjacent ones are not then thats when you get end joint separation. Seen it many times.
By the way, I called US Floors and asked about separating the bathroom with a T molding.
Customer wants the new cabinets installed on top of the Coretec. Cabinet footprint is tiny. The refrigerator and stove will hold down the Coretec with 4 times the force/weight of the cabinets.
I asked the US Floors guy about that. He said only if I glued it.

...so then I told him the bathroom was way down a hall, a good 35 feet from the kitchen. He said they don't recommend the molding because the material is stable.
.......so I said, "if that's so, maybe I should leave a 1/4 inch gap at the tub and fill the gap with silicone"
...he says "you could fit it closer than that and just caulk against the tub"
sooooooooo, ....a 35 foot + run from the kitchen to the bathtub is fine and I can pretty much butt to the tub, and that's all peachy keen.
.....however two small cabinets in the kitchen and screwed only to the wall, is a no no.
The rules on this material confuses me.o_O
I think they just make stuff up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back