Media Box

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a box you buy to get free tv .. All you need is Internet .. Save you a lot of money every month .. Has live tv 1,000.00 movies , sports ..

I can tell you what box to get .. They are not all the same ..

What ISP speed is required? I'm stuck with 1.5MB. Rumor has it they are going to run fiber to my area this year sometime.

We use to have Verizon Fiber Optic (FIOS) and was absolutely the best service I ever had. Unfortunately, it was also the most expensive we've ever had. Before they broke up the company, I was told it was no longer cost effective to install more fiber optic anywhere in California. I wonder why not?

What ISP speed is required? I'm stuck with 1.5MB. Rumor has it they are going to run fiber to my area this year sometime.

Depends on the box you get Dan, And the platform it is built on .. Also Depending on the length of the program, video or show, and its resolution, i.e., whether standard or HD, you may require more bandwidth with better quality. Take an example of Netflix, one of a Multinational provider of on-demand internet streaming media. According to their site, to view a TV-length video, they recommend a 3 Mbps of download speed for DVD quality.
If you need to reach higher quality, then you will need to look for at speeds of more than 3 Mbps, say for instance 5 or 7 Mbps. For streaming, Netflix recommends 5 Mbps. Other services, like Amazon Prime, require similar bandwidths for their HD,1080p Streams.
Netflix and Amazon Prime both offers one month free service – be sure to test it before you purchase subscription, make sure you can enjoy it before you spend money!
Typically, the minimum connection speed of at least 2Mbps is required to enjoy watching TV online provided by most internet providers, but for successful live streaming such as HD or 3D, you definitely require higher internet speeds.

I have the extreme media box which don't need much. It was $300.00 so i worked out a deal with the guy and got 5 for $250.00 ea..

Just ordered the Tech box for $81.00 One other thing to consider is if your speed is to slow the movie will do a lot of buffering .. Hope this helps ..

Nick, tell us who's hand is on your shoulder, its been bugging me for years now.

A retired Detective friend i grew up with .. It was his Wedding ..

Place was filled with cops .. I knew most of them.. They found it funny to pat me down when i came in ..

You tube and Netflix seem to work really well for me. Amazon Prime, not so much. Buffers a LOT.

You mentioned live tv. Live sports? Like Fox Sports 1 & 2? NBC Sports?

Everyone I know with hughesnet hates it. All is good near the first of the month, then after a certain amount of usage, the speed gets throttled and seems like dialup.

I Don't have it Dan , Figure i give it a shot for you ..

There is software called Vader you can download .. $130.00 a year . you get all PPV, NFL games . And you get to put it on 3 different ISP'S .

I know someone who shared the expense with 2 other people ..one is out of state ..

Although the box has those on them you have to pay.. with all the stuff on the box, you don't need to be paying for tv .. Defeats the purpose ..

https://projectcordless.com/products/vader-streams-1-day-trial

Latest posts

Back