Merry Christmas

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Neighbor across the street is unemployed. His wife just lost her job. I gave them my Chevy mini van for Christmas. Needs a little work, but all the new parts are in it. Their car was just repoed.

Good for you.

I remember a few years ago, I found a really great Nissan 240SX at an auto auction for $300. I spend another $600 to replace worn out parts and gave it to my 16 year old niece to have as her first car. She looked at it and said, that's nice, but didn't even want to sit inside of it, and had her brother drive her home. It seems she was expecting her rich old uncle to buy her a new car. Her brother finally picked it up and sold it for $500, and my ungrateful neice never got another thing from me.

This couple is taking care of his parents. The mother has alzheimers, the father COPD.
Their 12 year old daughter is my 12 year old grandsons girlfriend for the last 4 years.

I gave my old snowmobile to the guy who works for me, this weekend.
It has not been used in 3 years.
I was going to clean it up and do a few things to it ( in my spare time)
and try to sell it.
Decided I don’t have much spare time
And would rather see it put to good use.

Good for you.

I remember a few years ago, I found a really great Nissan 240SX at an auto auction for $300. I spend another $600 to replace worn out parts and gave it to my 16 year old niece to have as her first car. She looked at it and said, that's nice, but didn't even want to sit inside of it, and had her brother drive her home. It seems she was expecting her rich old uncle to buy her a new car. Her brother finally picked it up and sold it for $500, and my ungrateful neice never got another thing from me.

What a poo on your niece. I remember my firsts car was a 1960ish Ramble American and cost $150 that I had to earn myself. It was fill the oil and check the gas. My dad built race cars and worked on all the family cars and didn't see any sign of that oil dissipation when he vetted it and told me that was the car to buy. (no choices given). The year I had it, we never had an oil puddle or blown gas under the hood, etc. Later my brother sold it for me for $190. So, it all worked out.

Latest posts

Back