Merry Xmas

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't feel like Christmas but it's been a fun month. Less stress than usual thanks to a very special aunt. Got a Christmas card with a check for 400,000 cents in it. There's always a thousand things I need, but this time of year I can end up with a few unproductive weeks. Usually, this isn't my favorite time of year.
Paid up an extra months rent, got new Timberline shoes for work, a couple pairs of knee pads, my mini Makita compressor a battery for my S10. Bought my brother a Motorola Straight Talk phone and 9 months of service... Feels so nice to stop holding my breath each month. Next comes a new waterline and water heater.
I would have survived without the check, but wow.... My jaw fell on the floor when I opened the letter.
After the first, I know I have a months worth of work, so that's reassuring too.
...........and has anyone noticed the days are getting longer already? I could care less 😁

I forgot this wasn't all about me. 😁
Merry Christmas back at you Jon and everyone else here, especially our newcomers CJ, Chuck and what's his name from the Great White North. 😉

Merry Christmas to all of you out there. May you be safe in your travels and don’t forget to take time to smell the roses.
I'm assuming there is still roses in Arizona this time of year? 😁
Never let a good metaphor go to waste.
My brother and I aren't traveling anywhere. Even if I trusted my pickup on a long drive, the weather predictions aren't ideal right now. I'm wishing I still had my 73 Chevy stepside. I wouldn't hesitate driving anywhere in the country at the drop of a hat. It had a fuel-make-it-happener (carburetor) and it did not have a computer. I trusted and relied on that old but reliable truck. My 93 S10 has a computer and a gizmo that sprays a mist of fuel into the intake manifold. If it misbehaves and I smack it with a hammer, the end result will probably be....
....notso good.
So anyhow, I'm not traveling anywhere this Christmas season so we'll be safe. Between Christmas and New years is whale watching week. That's when the whales are moving up from Baja backup to Alaska and they pass through this area during this week on an annual basis. If the weather is decent we might go out and see if we can see any spouting whales 5 mi offshore.
You do the same CJ.
....being safe, not so much the whale stuff.

Last edited:
I'm assuming there is still roses in Arizona this time of year? 😁
Never let a good metaphor go to waste.
My brother and I aren't traveling anywhere. Even if I trusted my pickup on a long drive, the weather predictions aren't ideal right now. I'm wishing I still had my 73 Chevy stepside. I wouldn't hesitate driving anywhere in the country at the drop of a hat. It had a fuel-make-it-happener (carburetor) and it did not have a computer. I trusted and relied on that old but reliable truck. My 93 S10 has a computer and a gizmo that sprays a mist of fuel into the intake manifold. If it misbehaves and I smack it with a hammer, the end result will probably be....
....notso good.
So anyhow, I'm not traveling anywhere this Christmas season so we'll be safe. Between Christmas and New years is whale watching week. That's when the whales are moving up from Baja backup to Alaska and they pass through this area during this week on an annual basis. If the weather is decent we might go out and see if we can see any spouting whales 5 mi offshore.
You do the same CJ.
....being safe, not so much the whale stuff.

I am most certainly appreciative of what I have. Family, friends and a few neat toys (tools) to play with. No whale watchin here but it is Arizona, they’re still wearing them yoga pants😏. Yes, I am a dirty old man.

Things took a twist the other day so I’m not traveling for Christmas this year after all. My dad woke up in pain yesterday morning about 1 AM. He stuck it out till about 3:30 then he knocked on my brothers door and asked him to take him to the ER. My brother told him to take a Tylenol. I got up and took my dad to the hospital. Cute nurses! They hooked him up and took care of the pain. I damn near had to carry the ol man back into the house. Long story short, I’m makin sure the ol man is taken care of the way my mom would have taken care of him or at least I’m tryin. That was the whole point of movin to Phoenix! My kids are sending me all kinds of pics of the fun they’re having. That’s alright, Vegas will always be there, the old man won’t. I’ll have to fly them down for a holiday make up.

I am most certainly appreciative of what I have. Family, friends and a few neat toys (tools) to play with. No whale watchin here but it is Arizona, they’re still wearing them yoga pants😏. Yes, I am a dirty old man.

Things took a twist the other day so I’m not traveling for Christmas this year after all. My dad woke up in pain yesterday morning about 1 AM. He stuck it out till about 3:30 then he knocked on my brothers door and asked him to take him to the ER. My brother told him to take a Tylenol. I got up and took my dad to the hospital. Cute nurses! They hooked him up and took care of the pain. I damn near had to carry the ol man back into the house. Long story short, I’m makin sure the ol man is taken care of the way my mom would have taken care of him or at least I’m tryin. That was the whole point of movin to Phoenix! My kids are sending me all kinds of pics of the fun they’re having. That’s alright, Vegas will always be there, the old man won’t. I’ll have to fly them down for a holiday make up.

Girls in yoga pants 😋....

I too am a dirty old man....and damn proud of it!!!
I was just thinking the other day about when I hit the threshold of being an old creeper. Seems like yesterday I was making inappropriate comments to some women friends etc. and it was met with giggling and rosey cheeks.
Now when I make them their met with frowns and scared faces..... Wtf!
I went from a tall, handsome feller to a tall, over weight, grey haired perv...
Not sure when that happened but at least my wife still likes it....I think 🤔

Latest posts

Back