Microsoft defends its right to read your email

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
Is that one of those permissions I granted to them when I clicked "I agree" a few dozen times when first starting up the new computer?

That's part of why I don't "get it" with all the drama of the Patriot Act and other government agents pouring over our internet communications. I figure Microsoft has access to everything I do. Verizon, Adobe, Oracle, Apple, Symantec............so many chefs with their hands in the soup.

I agree
I agree
I agree
I agree

Probably a thousand times+ since I started on computers. While of course I didn't read 5% of it I knew generally speaking that they were making sure they could essentially do anything they want more or less within my communications.

It surprises me that people think ANYTHING they do online or over the phones is private.

Last edited:
Nothing is private , and once it is put on the net it is there forever .

Heck, The Government can watch you through your new HD TV's . They can also hack into your computer with Microwaves .

They are out of control. :mad:

Nothing is private , and once it is put on the net it is there forever .

Heck, The Government can watch you through your new HD TV's . They can also hack into your computer with Microwaves .

They are out of control. :mad:

That's what I figure. Technology is and always has been too critical to national defense and government authority to leave to the "free market". None of the technology companies, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Verizon.......none of them REALLY were ever developed or operated outside the direct influence of our military industrial complex, which itself doesn't operate outside the influence of the GLOBAL financial behemoths.

Yeah, it can start with 3-4 guys in a garage on a meager start up budget. But EARLY on a part of the success involves "selling out" to Wall Street and the Pentagon.

Mavericks?

More like carnival ponies.

That's what I figure. Technology is and always has been too critical to national defense and government authority to leave to the "free market". None of the technology companies, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Verizon.......none of them REALLY were ever developed or operated outside the direct influence of our military industrial complex, which itself doesn't operate outside the influence of the GLOBAL financial behemoths.

Yeah, it can start with 3-4 guys in a garage on a meager start up budget. But EARLY on a part of the success involves "selling out" to Wall Street and the Pentagon.

Mavericks?

More like carnival ponies.

Well, the military was involved in the development of the internet from the beginning.

Latest posts

Back