Moisture testing concrete floors

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....Quite an intersting article.
The moisture in concrete is obviously a real issue world-wide.
I'm sure all installers have - and continue to - install sheet vinyl etc on slabs that may not be fully cured.
I include myself in this, and yes, I have had at least one installation fail because of excessive moisture.
While decent moisture testing equipment is quite expensive, I believe it is worth the price. Although I do not yet have testing equipment (Work quiet, cashflow tight etc) I will be purchasing testing equipment just as soon as finances allow!
There are plainly differing views/opinions on moisture in concrete and what should be done.
It gets difficult as the customer doesn't want to wait for 4, 5, 6 or more months - to have their flooring installed.....BUT...neither do they believe you when you try to explain the issue and the cost to apply Hydrepoxy or similar.
I'm sure they think it's purely a money-making exercise for us......
I wish!

Average is 28 days for each inch of concrete. 4" slab would be 112 days, then moisture test. Now if we could only get the customer to wait.

beating head.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm....Quite an intersting article.
The moisture in concrete is obviously a real issue world-wide.
I'm sure all installers have - and continue to - install sheet vinyl etc on slabs that may not be fully cured.
I include myself in this, and yes, I have had at least one installation fail because of excessive moisture.
While decent moisture testing equipment is quite expensive, I believe it is worth the price. Although I do not yet have testing equipment (Work quiet, cashflow tight etc) I will be purchasing testing equipment just as soon as finances allow!
There are plainly differing views/opinions on moisture in concrete and what should be done.
It gets difficult as the customer doesn't want to wait for 4, 5, 6 or more months - to have their flooring installed.....BUT...neither do they believe you when you try to explain the issue and the cost to apply Hydrepoxy or similar.
I'm sure they think it's purely a money-making exercise for us......
I wish!

You can always call me Paul if you need testing done:D

I have to laugh when I read about the plastic sheet test ASTM D 4263, makes me think of Jason Spangler's youtube video.
It is quite funny.

[ame]http://youtu.be/uAIjz9IoP1Q[/ame]

Last edited:
What about my test?
If the concrete is cold
Its wet :)

At least somewhat wetter than when it's hot! Lots of maybe's. Jason works for Wagner and does a good job selling the Rapid Rh. Which I like alot. I will do both the F-2170 and the CaCl tests if I think something looks wrong.

What part of the states does Jason sell the Wagner Rapid RH system? Do you have a contact for him? I have been trying to get hold of a wagner rep for a month now but no one will answer my emails. When I come up to the states I would like a demo.

Latest posts

Back