Moisture testing concrete floors

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part of the states does Jason sell the Wagner Rapid RH system? Do you have a contact for him? I have been trying to get hold of a wagner rep for a month now but no one will answer my emails. When I come up to the states I would like a demo.

Maybe you could ask nicely that fella Nick to email him on your behalf?
These American Companies don't like little old NZ :)
Had my card scanned at Surfaces lots of times over dozen or so times I have been there. Never get anything back. Even tried getting a DVD from a travel company in America. Couldn't get one until Nick got hold of them
Nick has ways and means :D

Maybe you could ask nicely that fella Nick to email him on your behalf?
These American Companies don't like little old NZ :)
Had my card scanned at Surfaces lots of times over dozen or so times I have been there. Never get anything back. Even tried getting a DVD from a travel company in America. Couldn't get one until Nick got hold of them
Nick has ways and means :D

Ways & means . You make me sound like little miss Muffit . :D

What part of the states does Jason sell the Wagner Rapid RH system? Do you have a contact for him? I have been trying to get hold of a wagner rep for a month now but no one will answer my emails. When I come up to the states I would like a demo.

Will call from here Monday for you .

I just got a whole case of calcium chloride and pH tests for 3 different jobs to put into place next week. Yuck, yuck!:eek:

Tia

Last edited:
This link gives relevant information about Moisture testing concrete floors and we know that MVER test method is used in Moisture testing in concrete floors.

Ohhh well, just the fact that I do these tests gives me kudos. Some of my competitors don't even know what they are.

Tia

Tia do you write on the quote what the readings are?
The reason I ask is that if somebody had written on the quote what the readings were at the time of when the job was quoted the retailer would be in the clear on that job I have mentioned in the topic about timber experts
To me if the readings are on the quote and something happens later you have proof it was dry when the job was laid

Tia do you write on the quote what the readings are?
The reason I ask is that if somebody had written on the quote what the readings were at the time of when the job was quoted the retailer would be in the clear on that job I have mentioned in the topic about timber experts
To me if the readings are on the quote and something happens later you have proof it was dry when the job was laid

Never have done testing at the time of quote, but intend to start doing so, now that you mentioned it. Yesterday, it was brought to my attention that if you refinish these popular handscraped floors, they become flat and lose the handscraped effect. Never thought of that either!!

Tia

Tia I should have said when the measure was done take the reading then put the reading on the quote
Had a row here with a supplier when he asked me "why don't layers have moisture meters" I told him the layers don't need moisture meters as What is the layer doing there if the floor is wet with the flooring? Somebody needs to waterproof the floor before the layer can lay the flooring.
The retailer gives the lay date to the consumer not the layer. The floor should be checked before the layer gets there with the flooring materials. If this is done everybody makes more money

Tia I should have said when the measure was done take the reading then put the reading on the quote
Had a row here with a supplier when he asked me "why don't layers have moisture meters" I told him the layers don't need moisture meters as What is the layer doing there if the floor is wet with the flooring? Somebody needs to waterproof the floor before the layer can lay the flooring.
The retailer gives the lay date to the consumer not the layer. The floor should be checked before the layer gets there with the flooring materials. If this is done everybody makes more money

My tests haves never been done at the time of a quote, usually at some point between the quote and installation, and then have only been with new or damp concrete. At the time of quoting, it normally hasn't dried or cured enough to test yet. I do note the readings on the test kits and save them. Should they be high, we have the customer take measures to correct, or use adhesive that's appropriate for the readings and charge the extra for those. We've also needed to use moisture-reduction washes a couple of times and charge for that.

However, I've never done readings as a standard practice on wood floors to receive wood. Thinking this would be a very good thing to start doing, and so would checking the humidity levels in an area prior to introducing hardwood.

Tia

Whats a "moisture reduction wash".? Please advise.

I wouldn't moisture test unless I got the job and signed off on a contract. Those get paid immediately.

Even if the slab is younger than 90 days I will throw down some Rapid Rh sensors and swing by to read them once a week untill it is close to install time.
Not very often will I install without a trowel on vapor retarder anyways. But there are limits for that app as well. You better be able to prove your tests were within the guidelines at time of vapor retarder application.

Same goes with wood, pics of pin meter in flooring and subfloor w/time date stamp and familiar background, plus I write names of client on floor now so the pics are easily distinguishable. Ta ta for now, Happy Easter

Whats a "moisture reduction wash".? Please advise.

I wouldn't moisture test unless I got the job and signed off on a contract. Those get paid immediately.

Even if the slab is younger than 90 days I will throw down some Rapid Rh sensors and swing by to read them once a week untill it is close to install time.
Not very often will I install without a trowel on vapor retarder anyways. But there are limits for that app as well. You better be able to prove your tests were within the guidelines at time of vapor retarder application.

Same goes with wood, pics of pin meter in flooring and subfloor w/time date stamp and familiar background, plus I write names of client on floor now so the pics are easily distinguishable. Ta ta for now, Happy Easter

Google Dependable Vaporseal-DB. I learned about using it when we had situations with high moisture-levels that needed to be done sooner rather than later. It's not cheap, for material or labor, but it sure does work!

Tia

Latest posts

Back