Moldings, transitions and stair nose

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
He's painful to watch, but this is interesting. I never knew you could skin LVP.
He needs a camera person badly. A bit more of a game plan or script wouldn't hurt either.
In the earlier part of the video he shows the different trims especially the stair nose which seems pretty cool. Watch as much of that as you can stand or skip ahead a little bit once you get the idea of what he's doing.
Then go to the 36 minute mark and watch how he removes the wear layer from an LVP.

I guarantee you I will never skin a plank to make a matching transition but that’s still a neat trick. I believe for his last few vids that he does have a camera person now. Or at least he did. He does a lot of carpet related videos and I don’t give two hoots about carpet anymore so I don’t watch all of his videos. @highup He has a video on seaming up that Lifeproof carpet that you had a question on a while ago. You should snoop around n find it and see how close his video is to what you ended up doing.

Same thing as he did... just seam it up. I done watched his video whilst I was asking the knowledgeable folks here. 😁
The video I showed is also about trims that are available. I do like the looks of the stairnose a lot.
That's not for apartment dwellers/slumlords it flippers. It's for people that want to up their game. If someone's about to spend five or six thousand dollars have an LVP plank installed, what what does a few hundred extra dollars mean when they could see what these products look like ....adding more bling than 1" flatbar.

......sorry I put you through that video. 😁
It could have been less than a 10 minute video.

They have peel and stick centers for custom inserts.

Heres how to cut inserts.

Heres how to install the inserts.

Massive applause...
🎉🎊👏💥🎊🎉👏

Here's a link for more info.

See..... Under 10 minutes. 😉

Last edited:
That video was long but I do appreciate Reuben (FBSB). The guy is a true professional and is doing what he can to make the information available to the average Joe, or Jose. Who offers training anymore? Who is willing to go to training if it is available? Everybody watches YT. Even the customers watch YT so they can think they know more than you when it comes to doing your job, and in some situations the just might.

I've never worked around other installers so it's actually nice to see how someone else does a process. I like watching him and some of the tools he has. Never had a kneeless kicker before, so I don't know what I'm missing. I've always carried around a couple of pieces of 2x4 and often a 4x4 to span doorways and sliders, so the Kneeless is one more tool to lug around. Same with that double jointed tail piece.

Latest posts

Back