More help is needed, please!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

How do I install laminate over the access hatch to the crawl space? The hatch is located in the bedroom walk-in closet. I don’t Know where to begin. Am I supposed to make a template of the hatch cover, install the flooring, attach the template to the premarked four corners, make the cuts, glue the cut pieces to the hatch top then trim it out? Or do I do a dry install first and mark my cut lines along the way? A picture is attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 109
I'd just frame either the door or the floor with 1/4 by 1 inch fir or whatever matches, and then fit the flooring to the frame on each side. Accesses are rarely used and inside s closet.... Hey, it doesn't matter as much anyway.
Doesn't have to be 1/4" thick fir..... Just the thickness of your flooring product.

I’ve done a few. Each one is diff and similar I generally end my product with transition material at the edge of the hole and glue the product to the hatch . I had one the customer wanted to be “secret” so I had to get a little more fancy

Latest posts

Back