Moulding issue

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newwoodwood

Hello. I have a curved front send with wood laminate leading up to it. The front step is pretty much a semi circle. I cannot find a moulding to go around it. Any help wud be much appreciated.

Not sure what a send is. I assume you want a trim molding, and not a stair edging?
There are companies that make flexible rubber trims and base boards. They can be painted or stained. You could ask a local lumber yard about them or go on line.
How tight a curve are you talking about? Got a photo?

image-791139766.jpg

quarter round would handle that easily---to avoid moulding have a carpet guy remove the carpet from the riser---bump the riser out with plywood--quarter inch minimum--reinstall the riser

newwoodwood said:
Hello. I have a curved front send with wood laminate leading up to it. The front step is pretty much a semi circle. I cannot find a moulding to go around it. Any help wud be much appreciated.

You can build out the riser with tack and pad and reinstall the carpet to cover the cut edge of the laminate. A shoe molding should bend around there without much effort. If you have trouble you can kerf the back first.

Yeh was a big help. Didn't even think of building out the step, simple and effective. Gonna have a look around at the weekend. Thanks

But It does what you need it to do. Build the price into the job.

Last job I tried that on, the nice old ladies son said forget it and cut a straight line himself. Heck, I'll cut a straight line and pocket the hundred bucks unless they have to have the curve.

Latest posts

Back