Music

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I dare anyone to one up Dire Straights.

This is world class x2
Can you imagine thinking up this tune up, then collaborating with dozens of musicians, photographers and others to create this finished product.
I'm not that much of a music fan, but this event...... I'd loved to have seen them in person way back then. Idunno, I just find this onr mind boggling.

It's music that will never be forgotten.
Lady's and gentelpersons, I introduce, Dire Straights.
crank it up!

I was just listening to a song in the description of how it came about by 10cc. The song was called, I'm not in love. It was a pretty big hit in the mid to late seventies I believe.
As soon as that video ended, another artist came to mind with music unrelated to what 10cc did.
I think this was or maybe still is one of the biggest albums ever sold.
It just has so many hits on it, so many memorable songs.

I don't think Peter was competing with anybody, his music was so, so different than anything else. I recall it was good camping music. My first homebuilt camper had some pretty good speakers that you could detatch and set outside. You could light up the forest.... with sound.
If you crancked it up loud enough and had the additional company of some Brass Monkey, it was even better.
I miss those days.

Last edited:
Or Blue Oyster Cult, Moody Blues, Led Zeppilin. Back in those days they made real music.
In this little hicktown called Coos Bay, Blue oyster cult came and played at the high school auditorium. I think because of their type of song they like playing at small venues. My girlfriend's daughter was kneeling down right at the stage for half the concert totally rocking out with a friend of hers. They were probably 11-year-olds old at the time.
Woody, the drummer came out after the encore and walk back and forth across the stage holding a pair of drumsticks.
My girlfriend Kelly, had asked me to go down and be by them as the crowd dissipated.
I was kneeling down behind Melissa her daughter and as Woody came our direction I reached above her head and pointed downwards. He came over and handed her the drumsticks, all beat up from being played so hard and they had his name, Woody burned into the drumsticks. I hope she still has them. That's been a long long time ago maybe 20 years.

In this little hicktown called Coos Bay, Blue oyster cult came and played at the high school auditorium. I think because of their type of song they like playing at small venues. My girlfriend's daughter was kneeling down right at the stage for half the concert totally rocking out with a friend of hers. They were probably 11-year-olds old at the time.
Woody, the drummer came out after the encore and walk back and forth across the stage holding a pair of drumsticks.
My girlfriend Kelly, had asked me to go down and be by them as the crowd dissipated.
I was kneeling down behind Melissa her daughter and as Woody came our direction I reached above her head and pointed downwards. He came over and handed her the drumsticks, all beat up from being played so hard and they had his name, Woody burned into the drumsticks. I hope she still has them. That's been a long long time ago maybe 20 years.
Back around 1980, went to the Baldknobbers in Branson with my then wife. After the show we grabbed a picture and went down to get it signed. When he got to us, the lead singer said, "well, high Rusty" Thought she was going to faint. I went to high school with him and into the Army the same day. That was before the big names came there. He was vocalist of the year for 5 years. Gene Dove

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back