Need advice laminating stairs and 2nd floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsunando

Hi All,
I am first time home buyer and need a little renovation at 2nd floor (Bedrooms) and stairs by removing the carpet and getting them laminated. I went through Engineering wood, Hardwood and Vinyl. But figure out Laminate will be best suitable for me.
I am lookin in GTA (Mississauga) , Ontario, Canada
Now There are so many option under lamination I am getting confused which one to choose (brand) and from where
I am looking
1.something around $2-$3 (per sqft),
2.AC3
3. 12mm thickness

Please let me know which brand should I go with, that will good in quality and have guarantee of20 years or more.
Also what will be labor cost for installing the flooring in GTA, Ontario , canada.
And please suggest good & reliable companies for installation.

Thanks in advance

Sunando...

Could get expensive labor wise depending what's under the carpet. Laminate's or wood flooring need a very flat, smooth, non and stable surface to be applied to.

You need a professional to come look at the stairs and fold back the carpet from a stair or two do see how the stairs are constructed. I wouldn't order any materials before knowing what's under the carpet. It could possibly involve major expense to get the stairs ready to accept laminate or wood.
Here's food for thought.......... if you want to at some point, decide to add a carpet runner, it's harder to install/attach a runner on laminate than on wood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back