Need carpet brand recommendation please

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeyer

We are planning on replacing 10 yr old contractor grade carpeting in the master bedroom. We need something that is stain resistant and durable since we have 3 cats that like to leave us nice juicy hairballs. We picked up a sample of Smart strand and Shaw Anso BCF nylon and placed dollops of mustard on them. After cleaning with water the mustard came out of the Smartstrand, but not the Shaw. However, the backing separated from the Smartstrand which tells me this carpet cannot be cleaned. We are very frustrated in trying to find a suitable carpet that we will not regret. We also looked at reviews on Stainmaster and it too had terrible reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations> There must be a decent carpet out there. Thanks for the feedback

We are planning on replacing 10 yr old contractor grade carpeting in the master bedroom. We need something that is stain resistant and durable since we have 3 cats that like to leave us nice juicy hairballs. We picked up a sample of Smart strand and Shaw Anso BCF nylon and placed dollops of mustard on them. After cleaning with water the mustard came out of the Smartstrand, but not the Shaw. However, the backing separated from the Smartstrand which tells me this carpet cannot be cleaned. We are very frustrated in trying to find a suitable carpet that we will not regret. We also looked at reviews on Stainmaster and it too had terrible reviews. Does anyone have any recommendations> There must be a decent carpet out there. Thanks for the feedback

Smart strand with Mohawk opti backing it's a high end backing I couldn't see that " falling apart " to be honest

There is also a new h20 proof carpet

Latest posts

Back