New Carpet crunchy sound

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why you call Customer Care. When I installed for HD I got scored on my installs. Anything below a 9.5 out of 10 was considered a failing score. Doesn’t matter why, I had to do whatever it took to get an acceptable score. This meant often times I had to go above and beyond just putting a floor in. How does this apply to the customer in this situation? The stores get graded themselves. Giving the customer the run around is definitely not going to get the store a good score. Calling customer care in Atlanta will take your problems out of the stores hands and corporate takes over. Trust me, they want a satisfied customer because a happy customer is a return customer. F the store, F the service provider, go right to where you will get results instead of the run around.

Call Customer Care in Atlanta. Not customer service, customer care. Otherwise you just get the run around from the store and the service provider who are busy pointing the finger at each other or someone else.
Thanks for the info. I will do that on Monday!

Well now we are hearing crickets from the retailer we bought the carpet from. The carpet manufactur denied claim again. Claims nothing wrong with their carpet, believes it is pad. However our installers claim they can recreate sound with carpet on any pad.

I wish we never would have kept the Pad from Home Depot and just started completely fresh with the new company.

because even if we go back to Home Depot and say the pad is defective most we would get is refund for pad not for the labor and costs we would incurr by ripping new carpet and replacing with new pad, etc. however the product ( the pad) was technically supposed to be fixed by new company Before they laid the carpet down. HD didn’t lay down flat when they installed.

I feel bad for the new company in a way because they didn’t charge us for pad on stairs they threw it in for free and gave us deal on hardwood, they have been very helpful trying to resolve just very slow. although the pad isn’t the only problem, I mean do you think carpet should crackle when you bend ?

what does a carpet retailer do when carpet manufacturer denies claim. Is customer out of luck ? Or is it still there responsibility ?

What Mark said. The retailer you signed the contract with is responsible for taking care of you. The fact that the manufacturer denied the claim is between the retailer and the manufacturer and doesn’t mean 2 bits of shit to you, the retailer is still responsible for taking care of you. They’re dragging their feet because now they have to fight with the manufacturer or they have to pony up the money themselves to take care of you.

Did you pay by credit card? Dispute the charges if the CC company still lets you. If not then I would contact an attorney to get the ball rolling a little faster. The fact that the retailer was sooo nice and the fact that they gave you a good deal doesn’t mean much right about now does it. Damn, I might actually be nice(r) to customers if it meant I could leave them hanging and still get paid for it. You need any more work done cus I’m available just for you. I need cash up front though.

The thing is we aren’t talking about friendship and you didn’t have your brother-in-law do the job, this is business. If your retailer hasn’t priced their merchandise and services accordingly to account for these situations, as infrequent as they may be, then they have no business being in business. This is going on 6 months now. You gonna let it drag out for another 6 months? How about if the noise hasn’t gone away by then you just wait ANOTHER 6 months. Pretty soon you’ll be ready for new carpet again.

Well good news. The retailer called us back. He has decided at this point the right thing to do is find a comparable carpet and reinstall and cover it. We were so surprised. Feel bad for them but he said cost of doing business and it’s most ethical. He said that the plan is to order a small amount test it out just to make sure no issues with pad. Which he doesn’t foresee if it were the pad again then we would have to see. He doesn’t think it is pad either though. So we are gonna go in and pick out new carpet. He pulled a couple of options. He also said he will be pulling his displays of this carpet.

never in all his years has a carpet company been so hard to deal with he said.

Well in case anyways was wondering. The retailer, installed the new carpet. No more crunchy sounds ! It is amazing. We do feel vindicacted. It wasn’t the pad. I feel bad , that the original carpet manufacturer didn’t stand behind their product. We are very grateful to have worked through such a great small business. So avoid southwind carpet.

Well in case anyways was wondering. The retailer, installed the new carpet. No more crunchy sounds ! It is amazing. We do feel vindicacted. It wasn’t the pad. I feel bad , that the original carpet manufacturer didn’t stand behind their product. We are very grateful to have worked through such a great small business. So avoid southwind carpet.
I'm guessing they had a ton of carpet that did the same thing.
Every customer that gives up is money in their pocket.
Glad to hear you won in the end. 👍

So it was the fiber making the sound, I ran into it once doing inspections, didn'tknow what it was called but described it like stepping on snow and you could feel it sinking down. The mill guy I was talking to said it was scorch, fiber got to hot in the manufacturing process.

So it was the fiber making the sound, I ran into it once doing inspections, didn'tknow what it was called but described it like stepping on snow and you could feel it sinking down. The mill guy I was talking to said it was scorch, fiber got to hot in the manufacturing process.
I heard and felt that in an expensive poly rug runner at a retailer years ago. You could feel your feet 'twist' a bit feeling the effects of the heat set or direction of the pile. Felt very weird. I wouldn't have wanted it if it was free.

Latest posts

Back