new electronic keys

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this thread and its rather dated, but i still light up the civic by crossing the ignition wires. Someday I will finish it.... someday.

Probably the same day i take my master relay off of the rocker switch and about the same time i get my radiator fan running off of the temp and not just the battery... but whats the rush

One thing I learned yeas ago with my Ford van. Always carry a spare door key in your pocket. I was going down the road when my doors all of a sudden locked. I unlocked them and they locked again. Short in the system. At that time I was the guy to do out of town jobs. Well 150+ miles away I got out f the van and heard CLICK! I reached in my pocket and sure enough the key was there. I have always carried a spare door key since. It is right beside my pocket knife and nail clippers.

I lost one set of my keys a few weeks ago and that's why I just had some extra keys made. I always put both sets of keys in my pocket in case I locked the truck accidentally with the key is still in the ignition.
Not long after I bought this old truck I discovered that someone had put one of those magnetic key hiding containers up inside the top rail of the bed. It's never jiggled loose and fallen out, so I went ahead and put one door key in that little container. I put the ignition key in my wallet. The only thing I didn't think of is a spare gas cap key. I'm going to have another one of those made and just put it in the truck.
When I first bought the truck I only had one set of keys. I was at hardware store one day and when I got out to the truck I noticed that I left my keys in the ignition. 😱
It was warm outside and I had one of the windows rolled down about 2 in.
I went back into the hardware store bought a 3-ft long 8-in diameter steel rod and bent one end into a hook with my Leatherman. Reached inside and carefully jiggled the keys out of the ignition....... then went back into the store and had another set of keys made.

I had a friend who had a hauling business. If the customer didn't pay in the alloted time he would put a locking gas cap on their vehicle and walk away with the keys. I don't know how you would get into it without a locksmith or ruining the tank.

Haven't locked the keys in the vehicle for decades. Then again, I never started locking the vehicle till I bought my suburban that has a fob to unlock the doors. I never leave the keys in the ignition, even just to pump gas. It's just a good habit.

Now, here a few years back I bought a Camaro and only got one key. Went to dealer to get another and the blank cost $40 due to the chip in the key.

I had a friend who had a hauling business. If the customer didn't pay in the alloted time he would put a locking gas cap on their vehicle and walk away with the keys. I don't know how you would get into it without a locksmith or ruining the tank.
You can Google that and find out how to get the cap off. On some caps you need to drill a hole in the cap and start a screw part way into it and that stops the cap from spinning so that you can just twist it off.

I actually think that would be illegal.

Whatever I am driving, I always have two keys on me. A couple years ago we got ready to leave a café out of town and the minivan would start and die. I put the other key in and it was fine. The battery had died in the key.My wife only carries one.

There was a time not so long ago that i would lock myself out of car so often that i had ripped the telescoping antenna off and bent a hook into it and used it as a slim jim to get back into my car. Had the police roll up on me one day in broad daylight and stop me.... cant say they were wrong but the crux of the story falls in the call and response i had with them

Police - Is this your car??
Me - I really Hope so....
Police..... drove away.

Suppose the lesson here is that if you want to do something nefarious just do it in broad daylight and nonchalant possibly with gusto.

Latest posts

Back