New pick up

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
I picked up my new truck today.
I really like it. The cab is bigger than my 2014GMC crew cab. I can fit a full sheet of plywood in the back seat area 😜. It has a 400 horsepower 6.6 liter motor ( my last 3 trucks had the 6.0 liter)
I went to hook up my trailer and had to raise it up several inches to get it on the ball . I usually don’t but into extended warranties but I did with this one, 100,000 miles bumper to bumper.

0BA67C0B-E79E-48E0-A9C9-A344C7950546.jpeg
2DFDC80E-9D8B-4715-B99C-F55629C3AE65.jpeg
EC4D0EC9-5024-43F5-9502-1AAD84934B0D.jpeg

That's pretty sharp Don. As expensive as trucks are these days I think buying that extended warranty is probably a good thing so you don't have to worry about things falling apart too soon.

Thanks guys
It rained the first day and got it all dirty.
I just shined her up , again 😎
D37F73EB-C426-4A64-BA04-52A65F631726.jpeg

Too bad my trailer doesn’t shine anymore,
like the truck does.
I would like to get a new trailer in the near future. I would order the same exact one. It is built really solid.

Think I’m getting a new trailer soon, was going to start making calls today but time flies. It will be custom, main thing is rear roll up door.

Does your truck have the option of viewing behind the trailer just like looking in the rear view mirror?

No, it does have a regular rear view camera though. I really like they , I never had the camera on my other pickups.
I was usually pretty good at backing up to the trailer and hooking it up. Sometimes it took me a few tries, occasionally it took many tries.

Thanks guys
I just shined her up , again 😎View attachment 12389
like the truck does.
I would like to get a new trailer in the near future. I would order the same exact one. It is built really solid.

I think Pace has a line of contractor trailers. I’ve been pondering the trailer thing myself. Sure would be nice to have one that is already designed for a contractor.

Thanks guys
I just shined her up , again 😎View attachment 12389
like the truck does.

Dod arent you frightened of taking it onto jobs as "others" will damage it?
A security fence fell over and but a dent in the bonnet, scratched the head light and bumber
I had it two weeks
DENT.jpg

It’s a work truck, I don’t like denting/dinging my vehicles but it goes with the territory. I threw a spare tire onto the side of bed of truck and put a good ding in my last truck. The tailgate I drop onto the trailer jack and it’s dented in.

I don’t understand a pretty truck.

I think all options are on the table for trailer manufacturers. Those contractor packages do not fit my needs. Funny how companies want you to buy into their theories.(instead of needs)

Last edited:
I take pretty good care of my vehicles.
I had my last truck for five years and I had just a couple of dings in it. The first one hurts the worst.

Don't forget every oil change and every time you have to touch the engine is more expensive. It’s gotten to the point where diesel isn’t really worth it anymore unless you tow significant weight all the time.

They reckoned here years ago and they said that one had to do 100 thousand ks a year for diesel to be worth it
My new wagon is diesel, first diesel I have owned , which does about 7.8 litres per 100ks. Old Falcon wagon did about 13 litres of petrol per 100 ks
Took a photo of prices at my service station today. Petrol is cheaper than diesel but one has to pay and extra 76 cents a k over the listed price for a road tax of which is included with the petrol price
Over all I havent worked out how diesel works out over time
I try to buy the AA Smart fuel but that price isnt on everyday
You guys can work out the USA equivalent but I reckon we pay more :)

PETROL PRICES.jpg

Latest posts

Back