New slab/How long's the wait?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great! I have jobs that take that long just for the people to choose the flooring.

What did you test it with?

They're lucky they found an installer/flooring company that wanted to be sure things got done right more than they needed a paycheck that week

kudos to you AND the customer for being smart and patient

What did you test it with?

Calcium Chloride

They're lucky they found an installer/flooring company that wanted to be sure things got done right more than they needed a paycheck that week

kudos to you AND the customer for being smart and patient

To be honest, his patience had done run out there at the end, but he made it. That's a long time to have your home disrupted. Well worth the wait though, and he knew it.

Well, I got'r done. The customer started testing it about two months ago and it just dropped to an acceptable moisture level for an install. Soooo...that took six months!!!! E-Gads!!! I guess it can be a general measuring stick for anything like this in the future. Like Dan said, it takes as long as it takes.

Just thought I'd let you know.:)

Wow, that's a long time, but from an experience of my own installing a vinyl floor over a new poured in slab......... it does sound about right. Mine was a bit over 3 months old and only down to 9lbs as I recall when it was installed. Customer wanted it done a month after it was poured. Vinyl is a wee bit more forgiving tho.

Wow, that's a long time, but from an experience of my own installing a vinyl floor over a new poured in slab......... it does sound about right. Mine was a bit over 3 months old and only down to 9lbs as I recall when it was installed. Customer wanted it done a month after it was poured. Vinyl is a wee bit more forgiving tho.

Nine lbs of what? :D

Nine lbs of what? :D

9lbs or 11lbs of liquid vapor emissions, I don't remember which. She said gitter done, I said it's way out of specs ............. she said I don't care. I said OK. I gotter did and it's been all OK for 6 or 8 years :D

Last edited:
9lbs or 11lbs of liquid vapor emissions, I don't remember which. She said gitter done, I said it's way out of specs ............. she said I don't care. I said OK. I gotter did and it's been all OK for 6 or 8 years :D

It's common knowledge that installers do not know how to properly place a CaCl test to begin with, even many inspectors. Then add in that they change up the standard every other year. So who could actually tell if it was correct.

I did some of the new Wagner 4.0 Rapid Rh F-2170 sensors today. Those babys are awesome, and so is the new reader. I got 600 ducats for three test sites.

Bostik D-250 or d-261 is great for green slabs. Being at the mercy of MVE in this day and age is crazy.

It's common knowledge that installers do not know how to properly place a CaCl test to begin with, even many inspectors. Then add in that they change up the standard every other year. So who could actually tell if it was correct.

I did some of the new Wagner 4.0 Rapid Rh F-2170 sensors today. Those babys are awesome, and so is the new reader. I got 600 ducats for three test sites.

I scraped the slab clean, then ground the area in about a 2 or 2 1/2 square foot area clean and placed the test dome the following day.
The new slab had a vapor barrier installed under it and the concrete had to be pumped in because of the location. My guess was that it was over watered.

I scraped the slab clean, then ground the area in about a 2 or 2 1/2 square foot area clean and placed the test dome the following day.
The new slab had a vapor barrier installed under it and the concrete had to be pumped in because of the location. My guess was that it was over watered.

Over watering is very common down here due to our low humidity and heat. I don't understand why they would to that up there, cept that when pumping it does require more water or the hose can clog up very easily. I know that because as a teenager I used to do swimming pools and had to regularly beat hoses with a sledge hammer when they clogged. The foreman would hollar...more water, more water!

Latest posts

Back