New tile going over heavy urine covered concrete HELP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbertwo

I have a concrete floor that has been heavily saturated in dog urine. I was wondering if there were any cleaners that were highly recommeneded to remove the urine from the concrete. I am in the process of a TSP wash of the entire floor. I know I need an enzymatic cleaner, but all I can find is Rocco and Roxie type stuff (weak natural type cleaners). I need some industrial strength type cleaner. Also, I know this is a noob question, but can you tile over an oil based kilz type primer? I'm very concerned about the urine smell permiating through the new tile. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Welcome.jpg

I'm not a tile guy, but after cleaning like you are mentioning, I can't see any smell coming through. Kills "might" work, but I wouldn't use it for that purpose. Pretty rare to find a floor that is totally saturated except for the pet's favorite spots.
I wouldn't play around with it much until you get a good answer. The PH of the cleaner you use and how much of it you can extract might have an effect................ then again, I'm not a tile guy. ..........nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.:D

I have a concrete floor that has been heavily saturated in dog urine. I was wondering if there were any cleaners that were highly recommeneded to remove the urine from the concrete. I am in the process of a TSP wash of the entire floor. I know I need an enzymatic cleaner, but all I can find is Rocco and Roxie type stuff (weak natural type cleaners). I need some industrial strength type cleaner. Also, I know this is a noob question, but can you tile over an oil based kilz type primer? I'm very concerned about the urine smell permiating through the new tile. Thanks in advance for all the help!
By "tile' I assume you mean ceramic?

Latest posts

Back