New to the business.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clearshine

I have been in the stone restoration business for 15 years and am well established in my area. I have many homeowners ask me if I refinish wood floors also. I currently don't, but got to thinking that stone floor restoration and wood floor restoration have many similarities....attention to detail, sanding down to new surface, filling and repairing, and bringing back up through successive grits, then finishing. With stone the finishing step is not a topical sealer, but overall the mentality and process is very similar.

I'm sure, as with stone floor restoration, there are products and techniques that you mix and match based on experience and preferences, but can you guys recommend a good all around system or vendor for getting started in the business? A package deal that may include tooling, abrasives, stains and finishes? I already have a good reputation in my area for stone restoration, and I'd like to extend my experience to wood restoration. Any advice would be appreciated.

I would plan on hiring, but I would still need to acquire equipment and supples. What would you recommend as far as tools, stains and finishes?

Latest posts

Back