New Windows?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since my laptop died, I have been shopping for a new one. I went to Costco today specifically looking for a new Win 7, but none were found. The saleslady said they just had a meeting with the computer staff and they were advised that Microsoft is soon releasing a "Windows" computer, which will merge all the computers into one type of operating system, therefore eliminating the XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, and Win 10. Now please understand this young girl from Costco was probably selling salami yesterday, so I took her statement with a grain of salt, but has anyone heard anything similar?

So far, I really like those Dell computers. I don't want or need the number pad to the right of the letters on the keyboard, I want something light and solid, 13-15", and I need a DVD/CD driver incorporated in it. I also notice many new laptops do not have a replaceable battery, so would this be a concern?

Check out the Toshiba laptops. My wife and I both have one and I have had several Dells, the Toshibas just seem to be better laptops. Microsoft is doing away with Windows, so I hear.

Toshiba laptops are the top of the line in laptops .

Make sure to get a minimum of 4 gigs of ram .

Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong . :)

Toshiba laptops are the top of the line for PC'S

Apple is a very good one if you want to pay all that money .

Damn, them Toshiba's are really hard to find. Best Buy had one to choose from, but it was the flip screen crap with Win 10. I wonder if my local computer expert would build me one?

I'll check again Nick but the link you posted showed only the flip laptop available but the other 22 laptops shown were all out of stock online. I guess I need to go to the individual stores and see what they got in stock.

I would, I like to see and touch things i buy.

You can google the stores in your area and see what they have . save you a lot of time .

Good luck.

I just called my computer repair friend. He doesn't build laptops. He said my best bet was to order directly from Toshiba, demand the Win 7, and order it how I want it. I then went on Toshiba's website and discovered all the Win 10's for sale can be downgraded to Win 7. Nick, is this true?

Geez, thanks Nick. That announcement was similar to when I was making out with a girl and my dad walked in on us. Talk about instant deflation! :eek:

Well, what other computers do you experts NOW recommend?

Latest posts

Back