Newbie DIY cutback problems

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys (and possibly maybe a gal or two):D, long story short is this... Like I said we just got married, we got a late wedding gift (several pesos) that we were told was to go toward our home Improvement projects. I also was able to work off a small loan from another relative. So now, after we save up for a few months, we will actually be able to afford to have our floors done right, and thankfully won't have deal with the ugly painted concrete ones I was fixing to try.

I know DIYer's ain't y'all's favorite so I just wanted to thank y'all for your time and letting me pick your brain and all the help you gave me. But now I'll be able to get an actual flooring pro to come in and tile the house.

So thanks y'all!

Good news, congrats. I've stuck tile to cutback many times. In my old house the cutback was very very thin as most came off with the vat. I used the best thin set and additive in it, put additive in the grout. Ten hears later I'd say one third of the tiles were hollow. Only to be held together by the grout and gravity.
So I am not a believer in any one product being the cure all for cutback.

Latest posts

Back