Newbie question

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briz

After stripping the carpet from most of the rooms in my house and staining the concrete, I want to try something new.

In my office (man-cave), I have a baseball theme, with memorabilia on the walls and shelves.

Now, I'd like to attempt remove the carpet and to stain the concrete, then lay down a pattern on the floor using baseball cards.

I've done a lot of searching on google to see if/how this can be done but haven't found anything.

My main concerns are how I can:

A. Cover/seal the cards without them smearing or out right being ruined.
B. Raise or fill the rest of the floor around them so that the cards aren't "sticking up" and create an edge.

Has anyone done something like this using cardboard material?

Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Briz

Anything that you put on the cards that seals them in will make the cards become toast. Why not cover your bar top with them and put clear plastic or tempered glass over them. That way they could be removed or replaced if the time comes.

Daris

There is a company that makes vinyl sheetgoods with patterns like baseball cards and such. It wouldn't be your personal collection but it would get that look youre looking for. The name does slip my mind right now but Im sure you can find it if you google it.

Latest posts

Back