Nick

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golfers are saying the scores are based on luck not skill. They say the USGA has "lost" the course.

I have never understood why the Open is always the worst course of the season.

That's bull Floorist .. If you are good , You are good .. Course conditions may up your score some, But believe me it is not luck to play four rounds and win..

When Phil Mickelson gets so frustrated that he smacks his ball on the roll, suffering a two point penalty, I believe the pin placement guy smoked too much ganga before placing those pins in a virtually impossible location.

SOUTHHAMPTON, N.Y. — Balls are spinning back, putts are rolling true and conditions for scoring are on the favorable side at the start of Sunday’s final round of the 118th U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club.

A day after the U.S. Golf Association admitted it was caught off guard by high winds in the afternoon of Saturday’s third round, turning the toughest test in golf into an unfair test of golf, measures were taken in hopes of minimizing the chance for a nightmarish repeat in the final round.

In a statement, the USGA said “appropriate levels of water” were applied Saturday night and Sunday morning to the putting surfaces, making the greens, on average, 10 to 12 inches slower than in rounds two and three.

The USGA adjusted some of the pin locations as well.

It seems to be working – for now.

Latest posts

Back