Nine inch Coretec

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
So finally finishing this 1200 sf job.
Had to run the hallway in the back to get the laundry room done because the lady ordered appliances. Also had to wait for cabinets in kitchen otherwise i would have waited to lock in the wrap around.
Told them most likely would need a T-mold in this entry to kitchen.
But as luck has it it worked out. Only because this stuff is so flexable. Had to tilt the flooring to get it to lock in.
Flooring magic.
20190305_113525.jpg
20190305_114618.jpg

Me too Don! Never woulda happened with laminate. I heated up the first piece to go in and kinda bent it in a U-shape and lifted the opposing side, it locked in, then drove the second piece home from the end. The guy helping me was the owners father of this remodel and he kept saying it ain't gonna work. LOL I wanna hire this 72 old man to be my helper, he feeds me planks all day long. I did his house as well.

I see the stuff cupping in doorways (front doorways where it gets cool and damp) and in places where it gets hit with sunlight. Like the cork and the face or core don't behave happily.
A fellow contractor did two Coretec installs in identical commercial buildings....... rooms actually. Both have skylights. One room was good to go. The second one receives a lot of sunlight in the summer months. It had "issues because ofg the sunlight and heat buildup. The floor was replaced, but glued in the second time. The installer just showed me what looks to be end joint gaps approaching 1/8" No way would an installer leave a job with gaps like that. I like the way it installs, but not totally sold on it. ......it's really durable, so not whining about that aspect.

If its cupping then its locked in somewhere. Wood framed houses actually shrink and swell. Thats the only reason for the required expasion gap. According to the specs you must protect it from subfloor moisture even though the material is non-expansive, if theres no direct heat from Windows on the floor.
Any material even steel beams are affected by heat.
No textile is impervious to the elements.

Wood moisture content here on the coast doesn't change but a few percentage points summer to winter. I'd love to measure the inside of a home here in late summer and late winter. I bet you a thin dime that in 45 feet it wouldn't change a 16th in the interior.

That looked like a real fun install Ern.

It was, 15 minutes from home. Large rooms and the guy kept feeding me planks and holding the ends down as I tapped them together. I just threw up a couple more pics last night. Last one is my coped corner.

Latest posts

Back