Oak expansion gap

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D87

I've got a glue down solid oak herringbone floor to install in a room 12m x 5m. The edge expansion joint is not a problem but I have a large panel that sits flush with the floor that needs an expansion gap around it. What can I fill this with?

Last edited:
I would honestly just not have an expansion joint there....if you make it tight to your inlaid panel and put your expansion joint along the outside perimeter I think you'd be fine. Its glued down, and also in alternating directions making it more stable.

If you do put one at the panel it may push any filler you use out if the floor actually expands....and I'm assuming this panel is probably close to the center of the floor

Do you have any mock ups?

I've got a glue down solid oak herringbone floor to install in a room 12m x 5m. The edge expansion joint is not a problem but I have a large panel that sits flush with the floor that needs an expansion gap around it. What can I fill this with?
Can you give a better description, or a photo of where you want this expansion?

Latest posts

Back