Odds and Ends

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questions and answers selected from tests in Springdale, Arkansas in 2000 to 16 year old students! (Don't laugh too hard - one of these may be the president someday.)

Q: Name the four seasons. A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink. A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed? A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: What is a planet? A: A body of earth surrounded by sky.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans? A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: In a democratic society, how important are elections? A: Very important. Sex can only happen when a male gets a election.

Q: What are steroids? A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs.

Q: What happens to your body as you age? A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty? A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.

Q; Name a major disease associated with cigarettes. A: Premature death.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour? A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? (E.g., abdomen.) A: The body is consisted into three parts - the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The branium contains the brain, the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels, A,E,I,O and U.

Q: What is the Fibula? A: A small lie

Q: What does "varicose" mean? A: Nearby.

Q: What is the most common form of birth control? A: Most people prevent contraception by wearing a condominium.

Q: Give the meaning of the term "Caesarean Section." A: The caesarean section is a district in Rome.

Q: What is a seizure? A: A Roman emperor.

Q: What is a terminal illness? A: When you are sick at the airport

Q: Give an example of a fungus. What is a characteristic feature? A: Mushrooms. They always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas.

Q: What does the word "benign" mean? A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight.

Q: What is a turbine? A: Something an Arab wears on his head.

Q: What is a Hindu? A: It lays eggs.

An experienced cop, "It's definitely Krispy Kreme. Two days old. The fryer was set five degrees too low. Most likely from the location on East Main judging from the flour consistency. Their pantry has a dehumidifier."

( come on Mark, it's funny)

17832-bear-arms.jpg

No fan of Obama, but I found this interesting.

Last December, CBS News reported that the number of vacation days President Obama has taken since the beginning of his presidency stood at 161 days. If you add the 28 days of vacation he has taken this year his total comes to 189 days.

However his predecessor, two-term President George W. Bush, took 879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch according to a report by The Washington Post.

According to The Washington Post, “No modern president took less vacation than Jimmy Carter (79 days), while Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at his beloved California ranch.”

I was reading a thing about accounts from Secret Service agents and their experiences in the White House. One of them said the Bush (Sr) family used to hide the cookies because the SS agents would eat them. So one night an agent was snooping around the kitchen at 3am looking for the cookies when George W popped in and said "Where are the cookies?" So they worked together to find them and then had cookies and milk together. They said both Bush families were very nice and that Laura was their favorite and Barbra used to insist they dress warmly in winter and would bring them hats to wear out in the cold.

Anyway, the days of vacation thing brought me to Carter. Publicly he claimed to be working, but he really wasn't. He would reportedly get up at 5am to go tot he oval office, call the press to say he was starting work early, then close the curtains and sleep on the couch for the next few hours. He was extremely two-faced. My father was working in DC during Jimmy's term in office and he had friends in the SS. They *hated* Jimmy and he hated them. He was verbally abusive to them and they were not even allowed to look at him or speak to him unless he spoke to them first. He was a meanspirited nasty little man who was cruel to people and animals. He tried to kill a dog, allegedly shot and killed a neighbor's cat (claiming he only meant to "sting" it), and killed a rabbit by beating it to death. I'm pretty sure that there were times he claimed to be working or on business trips when he was really on vacation. He was good at faking it in front of the press and making it seem like he was so nice, caring, and hardworking when he was just the opposite. He made a big show of saying he didn't want to waste taxpayer dollars by having SS agents after he left office-- but that didn't last long. He didn't get the special treatment without them, so he asked for them back a little while later.

I still remember watching the footage of Obama's inauguration and the hours leading up to it. He looked nervous before he went into the White House to talk to W and I remember he came out looking completely shellshocked while W looked relieved and happy.

Mmmm. Donuts.

The thing about the 16-year-olds in Arkansas is amusing. I still remember someone in their 40s on Facebook getting a common phrase wrong. I think it had to do with a SCOTUS decision. Person was outraged and said "They will fill the raft of the almighty God!" I just about died laughing.

It's Hell to be Old

OLD people have problems that you haven't

even considered yet!

An 85-year-old man was requested by his

Doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical

exam.

The doctor gave the man a jar and said, 'Take

this jar home and bring back a semen sample

tomorrow.'

The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared

at the doctor's office and gave him the jar,

which was as clean and empty as on the

previous day.

The doctor asked what happened and the man

explained, 'Well, doc, it's like this -- first I tried

with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried

with my left hand, but still nothing.

'Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with

her right hand, then with her left, still nothing.

She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in,

then with her teeth out, still nothing.

'We even called up Arleen, the lady next door

and she tried too, first with both hands, then an

armpit, and she even tried squeezing' it between

her knees, but still nothing.'

The doctor was shocked!

'You asked your neighbor?'

The old man replied,

'Yep, none of us could get the jar open.

I spotted this CD on a shelf in the grocery section of a large department store.......... the wrapper was torn open and there was no CD in the box. :rolleyes:

Criminal.jpg

Yearly gun deaths

21,450.00 suicides, 65.00%

11,550.00 Non suicide deaths
8,316.00 criminals killing other criminals, 72.00%

3,234.00 remaining
1,000 justifiable self defense shootings

Leaving 2,234

If you aren't going to kill yourself and aren't a felon you have a far higher chance of being killed playing basketball than you do of being killed by someone with a gun.

Compare that to 440,000 deaths by doctor/nurse mistakes. Not some terminal patient comes in that no one can save and they die, but people who would have lived if the "experts" hadn't screwed up.

Latest posts

Back