Odds and Ends

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BC.jpg

I didn't watch it just because. I'm sure my wife will tell me all about it as we have opposite political views :army: and she thinks whatever is on CNN is the gospel truth. :army:

:camping:

Daris
I was at work when it started, then had a 30 minute drive home........... gotta earn money for my home projects when I'm not busy.
I would liked to have watched it to see if he lied. Now I have to listen to the fair and balanced news, an believe their unbiased version of what he said. :rolleyes: I can't wait for the next 7 SOTU speeches.

Every time I hear mention of CNN I think of the Daily Show with Stephen Colbert and the time they mocked CNN for fact checking an SNL skit (but refusing to fact check actual "news" stories they were putting out). In particular, I remember the phrase "CNN f***s goats".

Personally, I don't trust the extreme "news" things from either side. CNN and Fox are both too biased. MSNBC was a bit more balanced, but they started acting in the interests of Russian influences so they are skewed as well. I've found that BBC tends to be less biased (or at least it was the last time I watched) and will give world news and talk about things that most US news stations don't mention. Although lately I haven't watched the news at all.

I look for the way news people ask the questions of their guests........ and ESPECIALLY who those guests are that they interview.. Rush turned me on to that 20+ years ago. Ever notice when you interview Trump haters, and ask Trump questions they always come up negative?
Do you ever notice they don't ever interview Trump supporters or ask questions supporting Trump's position on things? ...it's always negative. 100% negative, ........not 75%, .........not 50% This bias is easy to see if you just notice this sort of stuff.
I'm not saying this to make non supporters like him..... just realize what you are being fed.
For instance. "the wall" In the 600 or 700 miles of wall that's already been built............ It's worked. (did ya hear negatives when Obama was president when he was building the wall?)
Ask any law enforcement official along those miles of walls.
Obama Clinton and Schumer were for it.http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/

Our ruling

Mulvaney said that Obama, Schumer and Clinton voted for a border wall in 2006.

They did vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized building a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the United States and Mexico.

Still, the fence they voted for is not as substantial as the wall Trump is proposing. Trump himself called the 2006 fence a "nothing wall."

O my dear God......... ...."but not as substantial" as Trumps proposal. ............... that alone shows Politifacts bias............ ya see how this works now? Politifact rates this statement as a "half truth" simply because Trump wants a wall instead of a "fence". Can't even trust Politifact to be unbiased. What unnecessary nit picking to label this stement as partly true! sheesh.
See what I mean about reading the way things are written or said. Ya gotta look real close for bias, it's sneaky just like this.
People will simply read the word "half truth" and run with it. ABC NBC or CBS would get away with calling the statement as false because it's a half truth.

Obama was a disaster ......to me anyway, starting from day one. I hated 90% of what he said and did and stood for. That said, when he personally made the decision to take out Osama Bin Ladin....... I'd have given him a big high-5 on a job well done if I had the chance. That was one very risky decision politically and with world wide consequences had things gone wrong.
The wall... how can any red blooded construction worker in America be against it? If ya don't appreciate Trump for at least that........... I is one very cunfuzed American. Don't like his tweets or bragging? OK, fine, ...me neither. The guy's a jerk. I really don't care as long as he does some good stuff while he has a chance to.
Trump wants a wall..... bad
Obama Schumer and Hillary vote for it...... good. :confused:

Just saying............ analyze what you read...... the wording, who asks the question and what the expected answer will be.... you can easily tell the intent of the journalist by the question he or she asks and who the recipient of the question is. Listen but don't get suckered.

Last edited:
Oh the media is so incredibly biased and they don't even care about the truth-- only their agenda and pushing their side.

My father had a hatred of the newsmedia going back to his time in 'nam. He came back and people treated him like utter garbage because they believed straight up lies told by the media. One of his biggest pet peeves was how the US media cost us our victory in the Vietnam war. Keep in mind my father was in the ASA and had top security clearance. He was privy to stuff that you won't read in the history books. One of those things was that after the Tet Offensive, the North Vietnamese were absolutely crushed. Their communications clearly indicated that they were ready to surrender right then and there. However, the lamestream media went and put out some BS story about the invasion of some US embassy in another country (an invasion which failed, btw) was a "psychological defeat" for the US and that it ruined our morale. This emboldened the Viet Kong and gave them a second win. Because they believed our troops had low morale, they decided to keep on fighting. And it was just utter garbage. Most of the soldiers didn't even know about it much less give a flying f***. They were happy about their victory at the Tet Offensive. But the media had to go and ruin it.

So, I was always raised to not trust the newsmedia. I personally witnessed things that they lied about on the news later, so that only confirmed my distrust.

And now there are so many bots and spammers and the Russians in particular are trying to divide us and sow discord (they are doing it with the US and with the UK).

My brother was there with the Special Forces .. the North Vietnamese did win the Tet Offensive .. Took us 6 months to get everything back ..

My father *hated* Hannoi Jane. She was one of the reasons people called him "baby killer" and spat at him when he was back stateside in uniform. He got turned away from restaurants and businesses in uniform too. He thought she should have been executed for treason.

Oh the media is so incredibly biased and they don't even care about the truth-- only their agenda and pushing their side.

So, I was always raised to not trust the newsmedia. I personally witnessed things that they lied about on the news later, so that only confirmed my distrust.

And now there are so many bots and spammers and the Russians in particular are trying to divide us and sow discord (they are doing it with the US and with the UK).
Ya just have to read both sides and sort out the motives for whatever their making noise about and decide what you believe is the real story.

I don't know why, but the kid in trouble for lighting farts reminded me of a story from my father's school days. Another kid in class brought a firecracker in. My father smoked at the time (I believe he was 14) so he had a lighter. He lit the firecracker and the kid tried to throw it out the open window. Only problem was, due to frequent vandalism the school had installed chickenwire over the windows. The firecracker bounced off and landed right behind the teacher (almost between his legs). He didn't notice the firecracker and I think he probably had to change his pants afterward. He was furious and instructed all of the students to write the name of whoever threw the firecracker down on paper and pass it up to him. There was one goody-twoshoes kid in the class named Dean Freedman. Everyone knew he was going to rat my father and the other guy out. So, the teacher got one paper saying "David" and (can't remember the other guy's name). All of the rest of the papers said "Dean Freedman". Teacher realized who really did it, but couldn't take action bc he didn't have proof.

Latest posts

Back