Odds and Ends

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dozens of trucks have hit this bridge through the years. I used to live down the road from it.

53278946_10215984077148315_119102054458195968_n.jpg

It may be protected in court, but I'm willing to bet the cops would turn off their cameras and beat someone up for it.

Flipping off a cop is not a good idea, although I can understand why some people would want to-- if its a cop that has been harassing them or being an a$$hole.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has recently announced that cannabidiol (CBD), a compound found in marijuana, is nonaddictive and nontoxic and should not be considered a “scheduled drug,” meaning that it is not likely to be abused and is not illegal to manufacture or distribute. Therefore, the WHO has declared it should not be internationally treated as a controlled substance.

This is a big step for the health world, where marijuana in all its many forms has been highly debated, both for its potential dangers and for its potential benefits. Part of the trouble comes from the fact that all types and parts of marijuana, including medically used CBD, are classified by the United States in the same general “marijuana” category as the addictive plant that causes a “high” and is used for recreational purposes. Although several states have legalized medical marijuana use, it remains illegal at the federal level. The Drug Enforcement Administration, therefore, is highly unlikely to approve the research on CBD that might prove how beneficial and safe it is.

Marijuana has been touted as a miracle medication for a variety of diseases and disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, mental illness, cancers, diabetes, chronic pain, certain autism-related behaviors (i.e. self-harming), epilepsy, and countless other ailments.

The WHO has stated that, based on animal and human studies, CBD can be used to treat seizures, epilepsy, and “related conditions,” and the organization is planning to take a more extensive look into the research on CBD’s affect on cancer and Alzheimer’s disease in 2018.

https://blog.thebreastcancersite.gre...m_term=8076044

I could prolly use some for my sore joints but not sure if I need a script. But then when the Fed finds out they will block you from buying a gun. Kinda F'd up if you ask me. But crazy alcoholics can buy a gun all day.

I really hope they legalize & regulate it. It needs quality control. None of the synthetic crap should be allowed. I know people who used that stuff & had really bad trips. I don't know what that stuff was laced with, but one chick I know was running around just screaming like a psycho. Police came out & dragged her off to the hospital. I know someone who had never used it but her birth mother (a drug addict) gave her some of the "good" kind & it really mellowed her & made her feel good. Then she ended up getting some cheap bad stuff & it made her agitated. I'm concerned that she'll get arrested if she doesn't get a prescription or if they don't legalize it for "recreational" use.

I still have no interest in it myself, but I know a lot of people who use it. I was exposed to the crap once (other people in the vicinity were rude enough to smoke it) & it gave me a migraine.

More power to them if they can make the cost = to gasoline.
But then you need to have a place to fuel them up. At local and out of town charging stations for electric vehicles, I've seen probably 2 or 3 "fueling up" at those stations in the past 3 or 4 years. Meaning very few people own them.
Imagine thinning out those green drivers by giving them two choices. Now I will only see 1 1/2 people at the EV charging stations and the other 1 1/2 people will be fueling at the nitrogen stations. It's not going to make more green people unless it's cheaper than gasoline and there are fueling hookups at every gas station in the country.
Maybe it will work for city and state vehicles that stay on one local...... meaning less need for a lot of fuel stations. Then again, with not many nitrogen vehicles produced in my example, (compared to gas or hybrids) the cost per vehicle would be pretty high as would the nitrogen fuel.
It has 4X less energy than gasoline.
And there's safety issues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_nitrogen
Safety

Filling a liquid nitrogen Dewar from a storage tank

A liquid nitrogen storage tank. It is a permanent structure.
Because the liquid-to-gas expansion ratio of nitrogen is 1:694 at 20 °C (68 °F), a tremendous amount of force can be generated if liquid nitrogen is rapidly vaporized in an enclosed space. In an incident on January 12, 2006 at Texas A&M University, the pressure-relief devices of a tank of liquid nitrogen were malfunctioning and later sealed. As a result of the subsequent pressure buildup, the tank failed catastrophically. The force of the explosion was sufficient to propel the tank through the ceiling immediately above it, shatter a reinforced concrete beam immediately below it, and blow the walls of the laboratory 0.1–0.2 m off their foundations.[17]

Because of its extremely low temperature, careless handling of liquid nitrogen and any objects cooled by it may result in cold burns. In that case, special gloves should be used while handling. However, a small splash or even pouring down skin will not burn immediately because of the Leidenfrost effect, the evaporating gas thermally insulates to some extent, like touching a hot element very briefly with a wet finger. If the liquid nitrogen manages to pool anywhere, it will burn severely.

As liquid nitrogen evaporates it reduces the oxygen concentration in the air and can act as an asphyxiant, especially in confined spaces. Nitrogen is odorless, colorless, and tasteless and may produce asphyxia without any sensation or prior warning.[18][19][20]

Oxygen sensors are sometimes used as a safety precaution when working with liquid nitrogen to alert workers of gas spills into a confined space.[21]

Vessels containing liquid nitrogen can condense oxygen from air. The liquid in such a vessel becomes increasingly enriched in oxygen (boiling point 90 K; −183 °C; −298 °F) as the nitrogen evaporates, and can cause violent oxidation of organic material.[22]

Ingestion of liquid nitrogen can cause severe internal damage, due to freezing of the tissues which come in contact with it and to the volume of gaseous nitrogen evolved as the liquid is warmed by body heat. In 1997, a physics student demonstrating the Leidenfrost effect by holding liquid nitrogen in his mouth accidentally swallowed the substance, resulting in near-fatal injuries. This was apparently the first case in medical literature of liquid nitrogen ingestion.[23] In 2012, a young woman in England had her stomach removed after ingesting a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen.[24]

I don't even know if they have charging stations (for cars?) in Louisiana. They might have some in one of the bigger cities, but not anywhere around here.

Maybe use the energy to make LNG. All of the utility company vehicles here use it and all the garbage trucks.

A company has spend 100 million trying to get an LNG export shipping facility here. It was first thought up 15 years ago and doom and gloomers make a lot of noise trying to prevent it from happening.
Now the local Indian tribes are trying to get a "historical tribal" designation for our entire bay right up to the ocean. If they get it, they will determine what people can do with any property within their land grab area. That's our entire bay, mud flats, business roads, a section of highway and even one large neighborhood. They want it all designated "historical" so they can control it. :rolleyes:
file:///F:/ABC/C/Coos%20county/Tribal%20land%20Historical%20land%20designation/Nomination%20Application%20National%20Register%20of%20Historic%20Places%20by%20the%20Confederated%20Tribes%20of%20Coos,%20Lower%20Umpqua,%20Siuslaw%20_%20City%20of%20North%20Bend%20Oregon.htm

Thank God for good lawyers.
http://www.northbendoregon.us/sites...ge/13821/shpo_objection_form_ctclusi_2019.pdf

http://www.northbendoregon.us/sites...o_osborne_olguim_curran_-_final_-_2-20-19.pdf

.take a look at the maps.

LNG ships are a lot bigger than the 650 foot log and chip ships that come into port, so the channel will have to be widened and deepened a bit more than usual. The pipeline will be a multi billion dollar capital outlay and the average job will pay $70 grand or something like that. We've lost most of our log mills and the fishing industry is regulated to death.............. we need some industry here. :mad: There are people that think LNG ships and facilities blow up all the time................ that ain't so! I wish I was rich and retired so I could protest good paying jobs.

Latest posts

Back